Linen crafting time too long

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Linen crafting time too long

Postby DDDsDD999 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:18 am

As much as I like your animations, jorb, linen cloth pieces taking 19 seconds to craft is too damn long. Watching the timer tick down for something that has to be produced en-masse for that long is terrible.

Turning one harvest of a 30x30 field of flax takes 57 minutes of just watching the timer tick down while you're being elton john on a loom. This doesn't include time taken to transfer the fibres, harvest and plant the fields, and press or trough the seeds. Just 57 minutes of hitting craft all and the timer ticking. The rest of the stuff taking time makes sense because you make meaningful choices: "do I bring this flax to the loom for cloth? Do I replant this field? What do I do with the excess seeds?" But crafting is just afk watch the timer go down.

I'd argue anything you craft that takes over 5 seconds is probably too long (e.g. ropes), but linen cloth is the most extreme offender I can think of. Armour and weapons taking time is k because it gives a really IMMERSIVE idea that you're crafting a legendary piece of equipment or some other larpy shit.
DDDsDD999

Re: Linen crafting time too long

Postby Archiplex » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:01 am

Can we extend this to EVERYTHINGa made on a loom?
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby Raffeh » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:52 am

I would say just go afk while its happening but with the figures provided. 57 minutes for 30x30 field wow. thats like a hour of your life gone. Especially for free players.

Either way im not affected because this is not my role but it does seem like a long time.
TRAITORS WILL BE SHOT.
Raffeh

Postby Granger » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:45 am

While I understand that creation of village banners needs to take a while, the loom feels excessive.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby jorb » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:04 am

Will consider it.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Return to Critique & Ideas