Party formation improvements

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Party formation improvements

Postby DDDsDD999 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:55 am

1. Since the long awaited return of party arrows, we've been unable to perform most of the functions useful to forming a party from a distance. I think the majority of all those that existed in legacy should be reenabled when at a range such as Assign as Leader, Display, and Kick from party.

In addition, I see no problem enabling the follow or the oath of allegiance functions on party members at a distance. Follow is fine since we already have party arrows, it'd just be nice for when the arrows bug out. Oath would also be fine since we can't port to villages anyway.

2. Give the leader's portrait a little gold star in the corner.

3. Let the leader assign members as "pseudo-leaders" who can invite people to the party. They get a silver star.

4. Put a border around the already existing party portrait indicating what colour we have that member memorized as, if they are memorized.

5. Replace the candle in the kin list with some other graphic to indicate that they are in your party. (In a similar vein, would also be cool for fellow villagers.)

6. Some invite list thing would be cool so we could invite multiple people at once. The "waiting..." box is pretty annoying.

7. You can only see the first 6 party portraits. This should probs be a bug report but I didn't feel like making one. kek
DDDsDD999

Re: Party formation improvements

Postby Onep » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:07 am

The party interface is definitely in need of a major revamp. I agree with all of these suggestions.

I know the limit of party portraits is definitely an indicator of the space constraints. Perhaps something akin to World of Warcraft's party and raid system. Parties of 5 or 6 can combined into a raid group(I like the sound of war band better in this case).
Last edited by Onep on Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby shubla » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:08 am

Also fix party arrows
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Onep » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:15 am

And in second thought, I think a party system rework should definitely come before any sort of massive siege mechanic implementation. Being able to organize an offensive or defensive force should be an easy response. The current system's minimal interface is a hindrance to the already perilous combat system.
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby jorb » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:30 am

Will consider.
Last bumped by DDDsDD999 on Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:30 am.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Return to Critique & Ideas