Cosmetic Store item: Reskins/Remodels

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Cosmetic Store item: Reskins/Remodels

Postby Archiplex » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:08 pm

Everyone seems to agree that ways to reskin current existing clothing (ranger cloaks, merchant gear, etc) would be a good idea- and everyone also seems to agree that dyeing clothing is a good idea (but jorbtar saying it's unfeasible)

At the same time, people do not like that cosmetic items are wasted space (no stat bonus) and think they should be able to be worn "over" other gear (cosmetic slotS)

But, others argue that that would make it silly, since you can conceal armor worn. Instead, why not have a system where certain models have an alternative color pattern, or some could even have an alternative model?


Basically, different "recolor" packs would be sold in themes, hearthfire green, auroch brown etc- that would give players a "skin patch" they could apply to any single item they own. This would change the color set to one predesigned by the devs (Shades of brown and gold etc) for each skin it's applied to. Preferably it could be sold to specific items (Druid's cloak skin patch instead of a generic skin patch).

Also, models replacing existing ingame models (One model per item)

For example, the Dev's Suck sign could be applied to any b12 and it would make the b12 look like that sign, with the same quality and all. Only one active at a time of course (Or just consumes it? Just an example).

The Pilgrim's Hat could replace Lawspeaker's hat, making it look like a pilgrim hat while giving the stats of that lawspeaker hat (with the quality and all)

And of course whatever further items are made in the future could follow this design- but a single model per item (as to not cause confusion)
Highly opinionated, yet highly annoying. I have returned; and it is good to be back.
No story this world, but perhaps the next. For now, we remember the old ones.
Vita en eternum. You shall not be forgotten, my frozen empire.
Contact me @ Archiplex#2035 on discord.
User avatar
Archiplex
 
Posts: 937
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:28 am
Location: In the midst of the stars and skies

Re: Cosmetic Store item: Reskins/Remodels

Postby _Gunnar » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:27 pm

I think recolors would be great, but replacing models with unrelated ones not so much. If someone is wielding a large battleaxe I think its important that I have that information available to me when i'm interacting with him or her. Its quite nice that even as a new player who is clueless you can largely tell if someone is armed and dangerous right now.
Image
User avatar
_Gunnar
 
Posts: 1430
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:15 pm

Re: Cosmetic Store item: Reskins/Remodels

Postby Archiplex » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:29 pm

_Gunnar wrote:I think recolors would be great, but replacing models not so much. If someone is wielding a large battleaxe I think its important that I have that information available to me when i'm interacting with him or her. Its quite nice that even as a new player who is clueless you can largely tell if someone is armed and dangerous right now.



True, which is why I think any potential 'remodels' should keep the general theme of the item (and unlike op not be a sign)


I.e a remodeled axe that looks more menacing, larger, or just differently textured and so forth.
Highly opinionated, yet highly annoying. I have returned; and it is good to be back.
No story this world, but perhaps the next. For now, we remember the old ones.
Vita en eternum. You shall not be forgotten, my frozen empire.
Contact me @ Archiplex#2035 on discord.
User avatar
Archiplex
 
Posts: 937
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:28 am
Location: In the midst of the stars and skies

Re: Cosmetic Store item: Reskins/Remodels

Postby _Gunnar » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:32 pm

Yeah, that would be nice.
Image
User avatar
_Gunnar
 
Posts: 1430
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:15 pm

Re: Cosmetic Store item: Reskins/Remodels

Postby jorb » Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:36 am

If we added recoloration I suspect that it would be played with for 10 minutes, there would be dissatisfaction with the options it presents, and then it would be back to complaining. -- "Update was useless, not necessary right now." -- And I would probably even agree. I don't think it's worth the effort at this junction.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
User avatar
jorb
 
Posts: 17298
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:07 am
Location: Here, there and everywhere.

Re: Cosmetic Store item: Reskins/Remodels

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:13 am

jorb wrote:If we added recoloration I suspect that it would be played with for 10 minutes, there would be dissatisfaction with the options it presents, and then it would be back to complaining. -- "Update was useless, not necessary right now." -- And I would probably even agree. I don't think it's worth the effort at this junction.


you are very wrong on this statement. the only way for us to really customize our character is through hats, all there is to do is add a way we can use the pigments that are already in the game for clothing this would open up a significantly large way we could customize ourselves to look different from others which this game really lacks other than hats. being social is a HUGE part of this game and a way to express ourselves is through customization of our characters.
Jorb: Go rub sticks, sprucecap.
Image
#GerdgenDidNothingWrong
User avatar
wonder-ass
 
Posts: 1641
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:02 am

Re: Cosmetic Store item: Reskins/Remodels

Postby Ants » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:37 am

wonder-ass wrote:
jorb wrote:If we added recoloration I suspect that it would be played with for 10 minutes, there would be dissatisfaction with the options it presents, and then it would be back to complaining. -- "Update was useless, not necessary right now." -- And I would probably even agree. I don't think it's worth the effort at this junction.


you are very wrong on this statement. the only way for us to really customize our character is through hats, all there is to do is add a way we can use the pigments that are already in the game for clothing this would open up a significantly large way we could customize ourselves to look different from others which this game really lacks other than hats. being social is a HUGE part of this game and a way to express ourselves is through customization of our characters.

Yeah, more customization is something people always appreciate. Would it even be that difficult to code? We're just asking for palette swaps, it sounds pretty simple. People have definitely been using the customization options we currently have...

Image
Image
Image
Image
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Image
User avatar
Ants
 
Posts: 1761
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 9:55 pm
Location: inside your head

Re: Cosmetic Store item: Reskins/Remodels

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:32 am

adding the ability to "hide" fully armored warrior with b12 behind cosmetic items is definitely not something "ppl would be thankful for"
Enjoyment_2
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:53 pm

Re: Cosmetic Store item: Reskins/Remodels

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:19 pm

Enjoyment_2 wrote:adding the ability to "hide" fully armored warrior with b12 behind cosmetic items is definitely not something "ppl would be thankful for"

what? what im asking for is a simple way to reskin merch robes and clothing.
Jorb: Go rub sticks, sprucecap.
Image
#GerdgenDidNothingWrong
User avatar
wonder-ass
 
Posts: 1641
Joined: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:02 am

Re: Cosmetic Store item: Reskins/Remodels

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:21 pm

Archiplex wrote:For example, the Dev's Suck sign could be applied to any b12 and it would make the b12 look like that sign


I was referring to OP
Enjoyment_2
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:53 pm

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Greus, Zentetsuken, svino and 7 guests