Respect for the Dead

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Respect for the Dead

Postby TeckXKnight » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:29 am

I love that you can bury the dead. I love the idea of nidbanes. Encourage respect for the dead by reducing the power of nidbanes when a murderer buries the corpse of the person they have killed. This way vile people still want to uphold the rights of those they've killed so that nidbanes will be slightly less vicious when they tear through them because they forgot to alt check before logging on.
TeckXKnight

Re: Respect for the Dead

Postby Shrapnelx » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:03 am

Kinda like this idea.. even thought i hate the idea of cutting criminals any kind of slack.

Murderers would have the choice of taking the full hit to maximize the damage against the person they kill by denying that extra %30 inheritance, and taking the full force of the Nid.

Ooor... Bury the skele+skull to get a lesser punishment.

This also helps Defenders, if you need to fight it out and kill an attacker, you can bury them and not get raped by Nids for defending yourself.
Shrapnelx

Postby Amanda44 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:18 pm

Yes, I like this idea also, it helps both sides. Retrieving a body from a b/walled enclosure is nigh on impossible for the average player.
Maybe it could also incorporate Jordans idea from the victims side, I really like it, hence giving both sides a choice. (Body only being retrievable if it has not been buried.)

jordancoles wrote: Might even be interesting if you could send the ghosts out to retrieve the body for you instead of kill the perp

Amanda wrote:I like this idea very much, choice of revenge or inheritance is a good one and would prove very interesting to see which players would choose in the heat of the moment. :)

Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby shubla » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:29 pm

This was indeed a bad idea I'd say.
Burying your own body results in advantages to murderer of you? Interesting...
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby TeckXKnight » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:23 pm

shubla wrote:This was indeed a bad idea I'd say.
Burying your own body results in advantages to murderer of you? Interesting...

Then send the nidbanes before you bury your own body.
TeckXKnight

Return to Critique & Ideas