Siege warfare: ranged combat

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Siege warfare: ranged combat

Postby LadyV » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:30 pm

I'm not against one shot archers existing. As i mentioned they should be expensive to make their equipment and long time to perfect their training. But if you do such you should be able to deal your foes great damage. The concept i have steel plate it should protect me absolutely is ridiculous. The game need balance and archers are the balance to full plated up warriors. You may have excellent defence but if i spend just as much time and resources to train to pierce it we should be equal.

The idea is balance, noting more. I can get you at range but if you train to rush me and you can get to me then guess what you win. The balance is fundamental. If Im behind walls then bring friends who can fire back at me. Im tired of the one armor one weapon mentality that only serves to be a cookie cutter to stamp out a multitude of fighters who only have to push stats and group up. Combat should be dynamic.
LadyV

Postby Rihudaen » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:35 pm

LadyV wrote:I'm not against one shot archers existing. As i mentioned they should be expensive to make their equipment and long time to perfect their training. But if you do such you should be able to deal your foes great damage. The concept i have steel plate it should protect me absolutely is ridiculous. The game need balance and archers are the balance to full plated up warriors. You may have excellent defence but if i spend just as much time and resources to train to pierce it we should be equal.

The idea is balance, noting more. I can get you at range but if you train to rush me and you can get to me then guess what you win. The balance is fundamental. If Im behind walls then bring friends who can fire back at me. Im tired of the one armor one weapon mentality that only serves to be a cookie cutter to stamp out a multitude of fighters who only have to push stats and group up. Combat should be dynamic.

I complete agree, dynamic balanced combat is a necessity
Rihudaen

Postby abt79 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:23 pm

We just need wood+rope watchtowers so we can defend our bases by shooting over walls, and boat shooting needs to be fixed
abt79

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas