W9 Siege System

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: W9 Siege System

Postby calebsnow » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:43 am

Granger wrote:
calebsnow wrote:Id like to see it more similar to beginning worlds, not quite as easy but not as ridiculous as it is now raiding and pillaging was great fun as an end game activity, something which this game is lacking in at the moment

Feel free to come up with a suggestion that makes raiding&pillaging and being subjected to it a fun experience.

Ive been raided, killed..Vigilance even KO'd me and stole my pants one world. It was fun, it shows you how to get better in ways how to become a better player, how to avoid having the pants taken off you. Theres no harm in it really when its a part of the game.
Heres my suggestion, Make it so that rams take 12 hours to dry, Remove the auto heal on shields and have it so rams can do 15k damage to the shield every hour. Owners of the claim can place Brimstone on the claim to heal the shield for 30k health every 2 hours. Effectively making a successful siege take 3-15+ some odd hours. 3 Hours if the players are not very active, 15+ if they put up a fight, also enough time to have reinforcements come and assist you in fighting them off.
Body Bags 2 Boston, Haven - Boston City Crooks,
calebsnow

Postby ZeraTustrA » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:24 am

Well hi,everybody.
I think most peoples can argue that now there is no siege system, because it is incredibly time-consuming, difficult and boring.
I think that I know how to change this situation. How to change the game mechanics so that wars between factions would be possible and beginners would be protected from "dominators".So, I propose to turn the siege into a war between the villages and divide it into several phases.
    0) First of all, only villages can attack another claims - personal and village.
    1) Add the claim parameter - Mightness. The Mightness accumulates by the villagers through experience gainings. Mightness determines the Village shield strength. Initially village has a Mightness pool(PoM) of 10k, an accumulation coefficient(ACoM) of 10%, a accumulation limit(ALoM) of 5k per day. These parameters can be increased by village structures that drain the village's authority.For example, the Arsenal(village building) increases the PoM by 2000, and drains 5000 auth per day, the statue of the leader (village building) increases the ALoM by 500, and drains 2500 auth per day and Odin's Altar(large building) increases the ACoM by 10% per 10k per day. (PoM- maximum possible Mightness, ALoM - the whole village cant get more than ALoM power per day, ACoM - which part of the exp given is transferred to Mightness).For personal claim values, ACoM is 30-50%, ALoM - 2000, PoM is (5000 + 2 * number_of_covered_tails).
    2) Village shield strength equals to the Mightness of the village. While the village in a state of war, Mightness does not accumulates. Attackers at any time can end the war. The war can be initiated by hirdman or lawspeaker.(person with rights)
    2.5) Village has cooldown for starting siege about 84h(1/2 irl week). Only one attack at time, sry, guys.
    3) While the village has less than 5k of Mightness, personal claim less than 1000, the shield is off.
    4)Declaration of the war: The attackers must build a siege camp within 200 tiles from the border of the besieged claim. Siege camp dries several hours and at this time can be easily destroyed (as like as a ram). War can be declared after it dried up.
    5) The attackers village pays for the fact of declaring war by its Mightness, proportionally to Mightness of the enemy village (i think about 50%).
    5.5) Demand tribute: In siege camp attackers can demand tribute(like on barter stand interface), how much different resources and items with quality more than X they want to end siege.
    At claim of defender need new interface tab to transfer payout. If defenders pays tribute, siege ends and they have immune from sieges of this attackers for 2 irl weeks.
    6)In the siege camp, the attackers leader set the siege start time (within 24-72 hours). Siege camp does not have a shield, but is available for being destroyed within two hours before the siege begins. Defenders hirdman or lawspeaker once can move siege begining by +- 12 hours once.
    7)All residents of the defending village receive an alert about siege with attacker village name(optionally with the kingdom's membership). The point is to deanonimize the attacker. Newbee player should be able to tell that he was attacked by DIS(Or AD, or someone else), and that the attacking village has at the moment paid its Mightness and is weakened (can be cheaply besieged) + the function of such mercenarism appears.
    8)In 2 hours before siegetime, the Siege Camp becomes destructible. Defenders and their allies can go out to fight face-to-face and destroy the camp.
    9)When the siege time has come, attackers can build siege weapons and attack defenders shield. Attackers can pierce the shield in one sitting, but it is possible that you will need 100 catapults for this (if the village has big Mightness pool). A powerful palibasher must be able to break a palisade with only hands or hammer, but not a brickwall.
    That’s all.
Why i think that this will works:
-Makes Authority(from lp) important. It maintains war structures.
-The kingdoms will collect the militia and protect the wards.
-Humiliation of beginners will be unsafe.
-Enemy of my enemy is my friend.
-Twink village for war only is hard to maintain
Last edited by ZeraTustrA on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Aka Tzar
w7 Ebenople
w8 Ebenople
w9 New Ebenople>Amish Paradise
w10 Amish Paradise > Maid Cafe > ...?

#makeforagegreatagain
ZeraTustrA

Postby algorithm » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:40 am

ZeraTustrA wrote:Well hi,everybody.
I think most peoples can argue that now there is no siege system, because it is incredibly time-consuming, difficult and boring.
I think that I know how to change this situation. How to change the game mechanics so that wars between factions would be possible and beginners would be protected from "dominators".So, I propose to turn the siege into a war between the villages and divide it into several phases.
    0) First of all, only villages can attack another claims - personal and village.
    1) Add the claim parameter - Mightness. The Mightness accumulates by the villagers through experience gainings. Mightness determines the Village shield strength. Initially village has a Mightness pool(PoM) of 10k, an accumulation coefficient(ACoM) of 10%, a accumulation limit(ALoM) of 5k per day. These parameters can be increased by village structures that drain the village's authority.For example, the Arsenal(village building) increases the PoM by 2000, and drains 5000 auth per day, the statue of the leader (village building) increases the ALoM by 500, and drains 2500 auth per day and Odin's Altar(large building) increases the ACoM by 10% per 10k per day. (PoM- maximum possible Mightness, ALoM - the whole village cant get more than ALoM power per day, ACoM - which part of the exp given is transferred to Mightness).For personal claim values, ACoM is 30-50%, ALoM - 2000, PoM is (5000 + 2 * number_of_covered_tails).
    2) Village shield strength equals to the Mightness of the village. While the village in a state of war, Mightness does not accumulates. Attackers at any time can end the war. The war can be initiated by hirdman or lawspeaker.(person with rights)
    3) While the village has less than 5k of Mightness, personal claim less than 1000, the shield is off.
    4)Declaration of the war: The attackers must build a siege camp within 200 tiles from the border of the besieged claim. Siege camp dries several hours and at this time can be easily destroyed (as like as a ram). War can be declared after it dried up.
    5) The attackers village pays for the fact of declaring war by its Mightness, proportionally to Mightness of the enemy village (i think about 50%).
    6)In the siege camp, the attackers leader set the siege start time (within 24-72 hours). Siege camp does not have a shield, but is available for being destroyed within two hours before the siege begins. Defenders hirdman or lawspeaker once can move siege begining by +- 12 hours once.
    7)All residents of the defending village receive an alert about siege with attacker village name(optionally with the kingdom's membership). The point is to deanonimize the attacker. Newbee player should be able to tell that he was attacked by DIS(Or AD, or someone else), and that the attacking village has at the moment paid its Mightness and is weakened (can be cheaply besieged) + the function of such mercenarism appears.
    8)In 2 hours before siegetime, the Siege Camp becomes destructible. Defenders and their allies can go out to fight face-to-face and destroy the camp.
    9)When the siege time has come, attackers can build siege weapons and attack defenders shield. Attackers can pierce the shield in one sitting, but it is possible that you will need 100 catapults for this (if the village has big Mightness pool). A powerful palibasher must be able to break a palisade with only hands or hammer, but not a brickwall.
    That’s all.
Why i think that this will works:
-The kingdoms will collect the militia and protect the wards.
-Humiliation of beginners will be unsafe.
-Enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Looks nice! The only thing i wish to add is cooldown on siege declaration. Lets say week irl or so.
algorithm wrote:Cape awarded? ;)

jorb wrote:Oh, for sure. Delivery 2022. ;)
algorithm

Postby ZeraTustrA » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:08 pm

algorithm wrote:Looks nice! The only thing i wish to add is cooldown on siege declaration. Lets say week irl or so.

Yeah, i just forget it. Thanks! Added at point 2.5
Aka Tzar
w7 Ebenople
w8 Ebenople

#makeforagegreatagain
ZeraTustrA

Postby Vert » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:13 pm

Well hi,everybody.

Where is fun part?
Vert

Postby ZeraTustrA » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:21 pm

Vert wrote:
Well hi,everybody.

Where is fun part?

At point 8) face-to-face figth, ofc!
Aka Tzar
w7 Ebenople
w8 Ebenople

#makeforagegreatagain
ZeraTustrA

Postby Vert » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:27 pm

we hide all items and go offlane. gl with siege.

2.5) Village has cooldown for starting siege about 84h(1/2 irl week). Only one attack at time, sry, guys.

multi village.
Vert

Postby ZeraTustrA » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:34 pm

Vert wrote:we hide all items and go offlane. gl with siege.

multi village.

We destroy all yours hearthfire,kins,smelters,war/shield structures, eat your childs and f**c your women,etc..., welcome back.
Multi-village what? it is prety hard to maintain,and expensive to create, + more profitble use rare resource bo build war structures at main vilage only.
Aka Tzar
w7 Ebenople
w8 Ebenople

#makeforagegreatagain
ZeraTustrA

Postby Vert » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:04 pm

We destroy all yours hearthfire,kins,smelters,war/shield structures, eat your childs and f**c your women,etc..., welcome back.

so you want to say you destroy hearthfire,kins,smelters, waste a lot of time and didnt get nothing and after that go away. Will wait for your next attack.
Vert

Postby ZeraTustrA » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:42 pm

Vert wrote:

so you want to say you destroy hearthfire,kins,smelters, waste a lot of time and didnt get nothing and after that go away. Will wait for your next attack.

I know that "safe" alts is problem, but you will get much harm when loose all infrastructure, animals and other. You cant safe all valuebles in village but most. I think i am on right way of mindings.

How about this?
5.5) Demand tribute: In siege camp attackers can demand tribute(like on barter stand interface), how much different resources and items with quality more than X they want to end siege.
At claim of defender need new interface tab to transfer payout. If defenders pays tribute, siege ends and they have immune from sieges of this attackers for 2 irl weeks.
Aka Tzar
w7 Ebenople
w8 Ebenople

#makeforagegreatagain
ZeraTustrA

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas