W9 Siege System

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: W9 Siege System

Postby LadyGoo » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:58 am

sabinati wrote:
LadyGoo wrote:A village authority/territory size is not a proper measure.

why not?

If it'll make the difference, then people will stop living under single village claim.
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

Postby sabinati » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:03 am

only if there's no incentive, it could be made cheaper to have 1000 m^2 under one claim than multiple and still scale up with territory/authority
sabinati

Postby Ysh » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:59 pm

nytro wrote:
Ysh wrote:Some confusion.

Some clarifications.

Sorry, I think maybe the ideas you get from your words cannot be the ideas I get from your words. I have do some thinking with what you have been said, and want to see if these systems I describe is something like what you can suggest. I think if we can get some ideas concrete, maybe we can make some discussion around them.

Goal: Siege system that isn't promoting ''the bad practice.'' Namely, taking loot off site and to a hidden place after siege and also controlling multiple village idols.

• Idol requires the regular tribute of items instead of current authority systems.
  • Each item in the game is worth some points. At the start of world, every item is worth the same at 10 quality (base points). Points scale with quality as usual sqrt(Q/10) multiplier base points.
  • Item types given to claims are tracked globally for all claims and value of item base points is adjusted to how often those item are given to claims. This means that item valuation is dynamical based on how players do valuing of them.
  • Items given to idols are stored until the idol is destroyed, then they can be looted (maybe some percent can be lost for stopping some inflation, or maybe not).
  • Idol has a tier level, starting at 1.
  • Idol gives a bonus (+LP% or maybe a +Q% for all in village, something valuable)
  • Item tributes increase with each level.
  • Idol bonus increases with each level.
  • Advancing idol levels is optional.
  • Idol must be at previous level for a week before going to next level (real time).
  • If items for level cost are not met, it reverts to a level where the amount given is acceptable. If the threshold for tier 1 is not met, the idol is inactive.
  • Destroying the idol takes a long time (to prevent people from just breaking their own when their wall gets broken or defeat is obvious), at least as long as it is taking for a hostile to get near to the idol.
I think with this, raider can always get some valuable loots from the idol that the village cannot hide or take for themselves. Players want to have a single idol for getting the best bonus. Players want to keep their idols for a long time and defend them for the bonus.

Please have a tell to me if this is the sort of ideas you were having nytro. And everyone else can tell me why this is a shit idea now that there are some specifics if they please. Thanks to you for reading my long post.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby vatas » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:30 pm

Ysh wrote:
nytro wrote:

Some clarifications.

Sorry, I think maybe the ideas you get from your words cannot be the ideas I get from your words. I have do some thinking with what you have been said, and want to see if these systems I describe is something like what you can suggest. I think if we can get some ideas concrete, maybe we can make some discussion around them.

Goal: Siege system that isn't promoting ''the bad practice.'' Namely, taking loot off site and to a hidden place after siege and also controlling multiple village idols.

• Idol requires the regular tribute of items instead of current authority systems.
  • Each item in the game is worth some points. At the start of world, every item is worth the same at 10 quality (base points). Points scale with quality as usual sqrt(Q/10) multiplier base points.
  • Item types given to claims are tracked globally for all claims and value of item base points is adjusted to how often those item are given to claims. This means that item valuation is dynamical based on how players do valuing of them.
  • Items given to idols are stored until the idol is destroyed, then they can be looted (maybe some percent can be lost for stopping some inflation, or maybe not).
  • Idol gives a bonus (+LP% or maybe a +Q% for all in village, something valuable)
  • Idol must be at previous level for a week before going to next level (real time).
  • If items for level cost are not met, it reverts to a level where the amount given is acceptable. If the threshold for tier 1 is not met, the idol is inactive.
  • Destroying the idol takes a long time (to prevent people from just breaking their own when their wall gets broken or defeat is obvious), at least as long as it is taking for a hostile to get near to the idol.
I think with this, raider can always get some valuable loots from the idol that the village cannot hide or take for themselves. Players want to have a single idol for getting the best bonus. Players want to keep their idols for a long time and defend them for the bonus.

Please have a tell to me if this is the sort of ideas you were having nytro. And everyone else can tell me why this is a shit idea now that there are some specifics if they please. Thanks to you for reading my long post.

I think you're unto something. Sounds promising to me at least.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby nytro » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:22 am

Ysh wrote:
nytro wrote:

Some clarifications.

That was the direction I was heading yeah, although you added some nice extra details here and there. I went the vague route earlier so more detailed information can be hashed out later if the idea ever took off.
nytro

Postby DanteThanatos » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:39 am

+1 on Ysh's idea
It makes sense to me in a larpy way because of the dreams you need to invest in the claim. Like a spiritual totem.
If I could I would heal and help people, but in this realm I can't...Wait...elixirs? *Dons Plague Doctor mask*
W5: Hermit // W6: Hermit // W7: Lawspeaker of Fox's Tails // W8: Lawspeaker of Fox's Tails // W9: Emerald City // W10: Hermit // W11-12: Absent // W13: ...
DanteThanatos

Postby Zeler » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:58 pm

Make ram drying time shorter for each person online from given village?
Zeler

Postby Ysh » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:22 pm

Zeler wrote:Make ram drying time shorter for each person online from given village?

"We can being attacked!"
"Goodness no, we will logging out to defend from it!"

Really, this is maybe not bad idea, it can promote attacks when defense can react. Also probably can stop some always logged in studying or maybe some alt usages.

It can have some splashing damages though, I'm not sure mechanism to punish being online can be good for the game.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Zeler » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:30 pm

I wouldn't say that it punishes someone for being offline. It's rather promoting attacking when someone is online.

Also, the drying time could be calculated when finishing buildin.

But it's just a loose idea, something to maybe help devs grasp on the subject.
Zeler

Postby MightySheep » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:36 pm

jorb wrote:We have no idea what it is we have implemented, and need feedback.

You have implemented a ram and catapult that are completely useless and removed palibashing, effectively making raiding an impossible task.

Please try again.
MightySheep

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas