Tedium, a Feature

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Tedium, a Feature

Postby Onep » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:02 pm

Obviously, they'll just need to implement a hidden and dynamic Tedium intensity feature akin to the Fate system. Bots depend on consistency and repetition to be efficient. It would be a rather ingenious way to counteract it.
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby Onep » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:02 pm

I was discussing this amazing feature with my exceptional village mates. And we thought that beer and wine could be used to temporarily relieve the stresses of Tedium! But overuse of the these resources would lead to a build up of negative modifiers.
This would create an incentive for people to brew beer and ferment wine besides simply being a larpy alchoholic. Tying into to the wounds system would be quite easy, if your Hearthling becomes too inundated with alcohol, they could experience a hangover similar to the concussion debuff.
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby Cayur » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:09 pm

can we add kush comas?
Cayur

Postby abt79 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:07 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:
abt79 wrote:This idea will encourage alt use, if alts are expendable I don't care if they kill themselves

jorb wrote:Maybe use real characters. Just a thought.

Why would I if they might commit suicide?

I do, but this 'feature' would force me not to
abt79

Postby Sever » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:44 am

Ysh wrote:
Sever wrote:
Onep wrote:I just want people to have an authentic agricultural experience, you know? You all fear immersion.

Also here's a philosogical conundrum since you're all talking about death; is it worse to believe in an afterlife and fear that there is only oblivion, or to believe there is no afterlife and fear divine retribution?

I think this premise can be a bad one with these choice. I do not think there can be an afterlife. I do not fear divine retribution because there is no divinity for making retribution on me. Whether my lacking of fear only can be through some ignorance of actual reality is still to be determined, though.

Congratulations on deciding to be outside of the stated conditions. Obviously you would have to have fear for the stated conditions to apply to you. The question was about irrational fears, because there is no tenable reason to believe in an afterlife or vindictive divinity. However, a devout adherent may have doubt, and an atheist may fear that damnation was real after all. If you prefer, the question can be "who is the greater fool?"
Come back two hours earlier.
Sever

Postby Ysh » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:42 am

Sever wrote:
Ysh wrote:I think this premise can be a bad one with these choice. I do not think there can be an afterlife. I do not fear divine retribution because there is no divinity for making retribution on me. Whether my lacking of fear only can be through some ignorance of actual reality is still to be determined, though.

Congratulations on deciding to be outside of the stated conditions. Obviously you would have to have fear for the stated conditions to apply to you. The question was about irrational fears, because there is no tenable reason to believe in an afterlife or vindictive divinity. However, a devout adherent may have doubt, and an atheist may fear that damnation was real after all. If you prefer, the question can be "who is the greater fool?"

I see. You have ask me with some generality and not for the specific me. In this case, I think then that the greatest fool is the one who can be wrong at the end. ;)

But really, I think this cannot be a question with an answer. This much is obvious. None of the parameters can be known. Both men are believing what they do, and can a man be foolish for his beliefs when these beliefs are of the unknowable nature? I do not think to say ''yes'' is a fair judgement of this. Men should not fear things they cannot be controlling. So perhaps the one with the greatest fear is the one as the greatest fool.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby cicerocf76 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:41 pm

Wow, this COULD also make psyche a better trait.
farm psyche 2 farm less suicide
cicerocf76

Postby Ysh » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:48 pm

cicerocf76 wrote:Wow, this COULD also make psyche a better trait.

Psyche is already the best stat in the game.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Burinn » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:51 pm

Ysh wrote:
cicerocf76 wrote:Wow, this COULD also make psyche a better trait.

Psyche is already the best stat in the game.

Agreed.
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby Avu » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:45 pm

Thank you brother Onep brother Dddd and brother Arvin for your valiant efforts towards promoting the enforcement of bans on botting and the discouragement of alts. Sometimes a little bit of hyperbole and the absurd is what one needs to see reality in a more clear light. I applaud your efforts and hope they bear fruit.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas