Books, bookcase

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Books, bookcase

Postby Fostik » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:16 am

Think now, when we have material account there must be possibility to make books.
Book can have its own name. In book we can put any quantity of accounts, but they must be kind to each other. For example one book will take all berries accounts, another all meats etc.
Also there is need in book case, a cupboard where books will be places.
This will be very usefull for newbies in villages and other hermits.

Also would be great if will be possible to customize cover of book with sketch, and possibility to put sketch with any text as first page, like foreword
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Re: Books, bookcase

Postby CorwinOfAmber » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:30 pm

Are you saying you want a book to keep tabs on everything? Because if you have that much stuff you need a log book you're not playing, you're hoarding.
Loftar wrote:
Right, I realized that the other day but apparently forgot it as quickly again. Thanks!

Uephorias wrote:
And the game isn't dead, just on life support indefinitely
CorwinOfAmber

Postby Drakemoore » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:14 pm

On the other hand, it'd be nice to have a bookcase for cosmetic purposes and as a place to store sketchbooks, parchments, etc. It'd be a super easy addition and give us another piece of furniture for houses.
Drakemoore

Postby Fostik » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:21 pm

CorwinOfAmber wrote:Are you saying you want a book to keep tabs on everything? Because if you have that much stuff you need a log book you're not playing, you're hoarding.

This will be usefull for villages, where new players will have some advantage over others.
It can be a village with coin system, every newbie in it can sell any shit like berries and other forage/hunting for coins, buy ingredients for curio and craft it!
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Drakemoore » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:24 pm

Fostik wrote:
CorwinOfAmber wrote:Are you saying you want a book to keep tabs on everything? Because if you have that much stuff you need a log book you're not playing, you're hoarding.

This will be usefull for villages, where new players will have some advantage over others.
It can be a village with coin system, every newbie in it can sell any shit like berries and other forage/hunting for coins, buy ingredients for curio and craft it!

Uhmn, not sure what you're talking about Fostik. You mentioned a book case to store papers in and such, and now you're on about some kind of vending system? The game already has barter stands.
Drakemoore

Postby Ysh » Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:22 pm

I like these books. Do material accounts become consumed when read right present? Making some knowledge books library base for new village is a useful.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Ragnar214 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:59 am

I like this idea.

And an end table :P so I can sit in my rocking chair with my beer and read books :P

And write books :P
Ragnar214

Postby Arcanist » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

It can be good for those times when berries and fruits are not meat.
Consider when there is a new player and he must want to keep a log of when those were happened.
If this new player must form a new village then he can read the book and he can learn how to found the village without trouble.
This book is a good idea.
Arcanist

Books (And bookcases!)

Postby DaniAngione » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:01 am

So...

Here's a simple yet neat idea:
We could be able to craft "books" (probably with hide or leather, fibre and glue). Books could work like a 'container' with a 4x4 inventory that can only hold parchments, written parchments, descriptions, etc.

Books can also be named and sealed - like presents - and once a book is named and sealed you can't remove/re-order pages anymore.
This could be useful both for organizing reasons (a way to "name" groups of papers, descriptions, etc) or for more larpy reasons (writing novels and such :3 )

You can remove a page from a book as an act of vandalism (getting the respective parchment back) but that would leave a torn page behind. The torn page could perhaps be a cheap/bad curio :D

Finally, give us pretty bookcases to store books and make neat libraries!

:3
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Re: Books (And bookcases!)