top ten ideas you should stop posting new threads about

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: top ten ideas you should stop posting new threads about

Postby rhzk » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:12 am

I really like the lights in game, pumpkin lantern with amazing pink-ish light, green fireflyes... And I think it will be cool to add more coloring lights in future, but now we have a that new lantern with standart light without any specific color. Jorb, please make this lantern with some blue color light like in TES3: Morrowind (Mages Guild and other places), it would be amazing! Thanks!
rhzk

Postby synaris » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:10 am

should new weapons be taken off the list? considering that we got one recently.
Newbie and noob do not mean the same thing.

Neither do figuratively and literally.
synaris

Postby blinx » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:15 am

sabinati wrote:
  1. PVE server
  2. bridges
  3. seasons
  4. more weapons
  5. oceans / islands / continents
  6. capturing people / prisons / enslavement
  7. children
  8. dyes for clothing
  9. potato/tomato/corn

Why? they're mostly golden ideas. Except like, one and four. And seven.
blinx

Postby DDDsDD999 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:36 pm

sabinati wrote:all of these have been thoroughly discussed. they will either happen at some point, when the devs get around to it (dev confirmed), or won't ever happen. if you feel like discussing one of these topics, find one of the existing threads about it.
DDDsDD999

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:59 pm

blinx wrote:Why? they're mostly golden ideas. Except like, one and four. And seven.

Do a forum search. The topics have been posted quite frequently in the past. Some have even been confirmed as a feature coming at some point in time. A few ideas have been confirmed as a firm "never." That's why we have a list of things to not bother posting about again.

It is worth noting that the list could potentially be much longer than 10 items, but we tried to pick up the most frequent ideas that had little to no new thought behind them. In other words, the same posts, over and over, just stated differently.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby vatas » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:04 am

blinx wrote:
sabinati wrote:
  1. PVE server
  2. bridges
  3. seasons
  4. more weapons
  5. oceans / islands / continents
  6. capturing people / prisons / enslavement
  7. children
  8. dyes for clothing
  9. potato/tomato/corn

Why? they're mostly golden ideas. Except like, one and four. And seven.

Bridges are waiting for Object-Controlled-Objects. AFAIK seasons have been confirmed to be added eventually. Oceans/islands/continents would complicate mapgen and the option to expand the map. Rest aren't going to be added due to various reasons. (Except maybe dyes but that's low priority I assume)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:42 pm

vatas wrote:Rest aren't going to be added due to various reasons.

No need to reiterate what people can search for. Devs are against the ideas for one reason or another.

As far as crops, tools/weapons, foods, etc. I'm not going to moderate that, and I don't think any of the others will, either, unless it's a frequent request (aka sugar came up again for the nth time recently). It's in the list to point out it is something you should probably search for first before posting.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby XaepoH » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:07 pm

Hello I did not understand where to write ideas here, because Russian and don't speak English, I apologize for all this.

I have a large farm for growing and cooking peppers, the problem is that the pepper can only be put in the chest. Cut the pepper into a pile, and preferably in a barrel, 500-1000 peppers in a barrel. I would be happy) It would make cooking pepper much easier. 50+ chests (
XaepoH

Postby Nek » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:17 pm

sabinati wrote:[*]oceans / islands / continents

We fucking did it, reddit.
Only other things on that list that I give a fuck about are seasons, bridges and more weapons.
jorb wrote:I bow before your infinite wisdom, Nek. The words and thoughts of mere men are like leaves in the wind before a true philosopher such as yourself. Verily, my retardery is apparent to me now.

banok wrote:GG nek, your thread was successful at baiting people on to us
Nek

Postby banok » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:03 pm

stopped myself making a new thread :(

weapon balance seems like it could do a new pass, but here are some new weapon ideas.

Stone spear
A weaker earlier version of the boar spear, 2h equipment specifically for early game melee hunting that isn't cheesing.

cludgel
pre-sword, oak trunk with spikes made from bone/obsidian/flint

Seax
thematic short sword, less damage but lower cooldowns (ie. opposite of b12)

Francisca
thematic thrown axe 1h metal weapon

edit: to be fair combat probably has more important improvements but then new weapons can just be made by jorb only right.
banok

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas