Charter Stone Redux

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Charter Stone Redux

Postby sMartins » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:56 pm

shubla wrote:Scammers spammers and trolls in general are what Im worrying about.

Yeah, i see...and for sure they will be, like Eve...but not having it...that is not a good solution too, global chat could be a really bad place most of the time...but some time could be usefull also...so we need to try to limit shit posting ( with ignore list,etc..) to have the max benefit from it.
I still think could be a good feature to keep new players and others in the game....usually where the community is small it works really fine, like Xsyon, for example....perhaps only verified accounts can use it, this could be a good incentive too ( i still have not veriefied my account, i will do soon or later)
And not.verified accounts could use only preset on the global chat....like Help + String...and one guy with verified acount can answer him teaching how to get strings....something like that, i hope you understand what i mean.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby Granger » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:12 pm

bolognaman wrote:
shubla wrote:Scammers spammers and trolls in general are what Im worrying about.

These things already exist on the forums. I don't see how integrating a global chat into the game could hurt anything.

Difference is that they don't last that long on the forum because of moderation.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby sMartins » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:19 pm

Granger wrote:
bolognaman wrote:

These things already exist on the forums. I don't see how integrating a global chat into the game could hurt anything.

Difference is that they don't last that long on the forum because of moderation.

I think Ignore feature could work well for that...we can even do an official list here on the forum about well known spammers, etc...keep it update, and make it by default on the client when J&L update the game...and you moderators could even have some permissions on the global chat too.
Then if people is too dumb...delete the global chat forever...but i'm positive about.
I don't know how hard is to implement a proper global chat with all these features...if not too hard to code, we should give it a try.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas