Greasy Baby Animals

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Greasy Baby Animals

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:47 pm

So here's the thought..

1 - Let us pick up baby animals like we can chickens et. al, but have them take up significantly more room (Say, a pumpkin for a baby pig, a 4x4 for a baby cow). So we can cart those little bastards around.

2 - Let us 'grease' them with Linseed Oil or some such. A greased baby animal will actively evade you, and will run just a little faster than 3 speed. Attempting to grab a greased animal will result in some form of check (RNG maybe? A brief combat exchange?) to see if you successfully catch it. Fail to catch it, it gets a quick burst of full run speed and the chase is on!

Yeah, it's just for fun, but village competitions for the win!
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Re: Greasy Baby Animals

Postby Hasta » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:51 pm

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:it's just for fun

Not necessarily.

I don't care 'bout no greasy-babies-catching tournaments, but, by all means, make them liftable while alive. I've been waiting a long time to make my underground cattle farm.
Hasta

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:05 pm

Hasta wrote:
Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:it's just for fun

Not necessarily.

I don't care 'bout no greasy-babies-catching tournaments, but, by all means, make them liftable while alive. I've been waiting a long time to make my underground cattle farm.

Oh no, carrying the animals definitely has utility, the greasy part was for fun.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Hasta » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:29 pm

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:Oh no, carrying the animals definitely has utility, the greasy part was for fun.

Yeah that was sorta half-sarcasm on my side 'cause on numerous occasions our pillars of the society mentioned that "underground base should have it's limitations", most recently when a question about underground well was brought up. I'm afraid that'll be a concern if lifting animals is considered: maybe they'll make it so you can't drop an animal inside a cave/house/any "inappropriate" terrain (as with bushes), or you can't enter anything while carrying a calf in your bags/over your head, but, most likely, the idea would be put into a "maybe" box for good.
Hasta

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:29 pm

Hasta wrote:
Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:Oh no, carrying the animals definitely has utility, the greasy part was for fun.

Yeah that was sorta half-sarcasm on my side 'cause on numerous occasions our pillars of the society mentioned that "underground base should have it's limitations", most recently when a question about underground well was brought up. I'm afraid that'll be a concern if lifting animals is considered: maybe they'll make it so you can't drop an animal inside a cave/house/any "inappropriate" terrain (as with bushes), or you can't enter anything while carrying a calf in your bags/over your head, but, most likely, the idea would be put into a "maybe" box for good.

Could make it so that animals will inevitably weaken and die underground to obviate that underground animal area.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:38 am

id bet anything you can put animals on rafts and take a road all the way to a minehole and go down the minehole on the raft with the animal tbh il test it xd
ChildhoodObesity

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:39 am

no animal on the raft but having an animal on it doesnt change anything, ud have2 make a new raft for every animal u portd down cuz u cant get the animal off without breaking the raft
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Hasta » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:57 am

Requesting a step-by-step instruction on how to get a loaded raft to travel a road. Please, thanks.
Hasta

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:53 am

Hasta wrote:Requesting a step-by-step instruction on how to get a loaded raft to travel a road. Please, thanks.

build road right up on water like ctrl place it and then go up to it on a raft and right click travel, gettng it to clsoe enough so it can actually go down the minhole is hard ad tho

what my setup looked like
Last edited by ChildhoodObesity on Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChildhoodObesity

Postby DDDsDD999 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:57 am

ChildhoodObesity wrote:build road right up on water like ctrl place it and then go up to it on a raft and right click travel, gettng it to clsoe enough so it can actually go down the minhole is hard ad tho

what my setup looked like

Fixed for you. smh fucking shitter, kill your self, see you in bible school tomorrow :P :oops: :P :) ;)
DDDsDD999

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas