Palisades should be slowly losing soak, becoming bashable.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Palisades should be slowly losing soak, becoming bashabl

Postby Ysh » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:04 pm

Hasta wrote:
Ysh wrote:Also about problem of rebuild palisade. I do not think this is problem. If player wants to break and rebuild palisade every 2 weeks/1 month instead of build brickwall, I say let them. This sounds more painful than building the bricks to me.

Or just get a double, nay, triple plaisade (yes, it's that cheap) and renew the one that's decayed beyond recognition. Wouldn't it be fun for a raider to claw through one palisade just to find out he can't damage the second one, oh joy!
That needs more thought, I believe.

Still will require to build new palisade every cycle. Personally I would build brick wall before this.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Hasta » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:08 pm

Ysh wrote:Still will require to build new palisade every cycle. Personally I would build brick wall before this.

come to think of it - how would the game treat newly-built sections off of unsealed cornerpost? Are they made already "aged" or are they considered "new"? Or you can't build new sections off "aged" cornerposts?
Hasta

Postby Ozzy123 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:09 pm

Hasta wrote:
Ysh wrote:Still will require to build new palisade every cycle. Personally I would build brick wall before this.

come to think of it - how would the game treat newly-built sections off of unsealed cornerpost? Are they made already "aged" or are they considered "new"? Or you can't build new sections off "aged" cornerposts?

you can't build new sections off "aged" cornerposts
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby Granger » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:12 pm

And in what state are the sections that you build from a non aged one?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Ysh » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:14 pm

Probably is easiest to just make age of whole wall same as age of initial palisade cornerpost i.e. to extend will make new piece same age as piece you extend from.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Ozzy123 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:16 pm

Ysh wrote:Probably is easiest to just make age of whole wall same as age of initial palisade cornerpost i.e. to extend will make new piece same age as piece you extend from.

It can't be like that due to sieging, you could build a palisde 100 tiles away from the village you want to siege and then extend it fully-soaked, would be too abusive.
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby Ysh » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:19 pm

Ozzy123 wrote:
Ysh wrote:Probably is easiest to just make age of whole wall same as age of initial palisade cornerpost i.e. to extend will make new piece same age as piece you extend from.

It can't be like that due to sieging, you could build a palisde 100 tiles away from the village you want to siege and then extend it fully-soaked, would be too abusive.

I mean age for this new soak reduction. It will still work as now where soak is 0 until it is building up, just it will build up to a lower value if the wall is old.

Ysh

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:34 pm

Ozzy123 wrote:
Patchouli_Knowledge wrote:One thing that concerns me is how does newbies know that palisades start to decay? Will they know that they are suppose to use palisade as a relatively unstable stepping stone to reach brick wall?

How do newbies know that palisades are indestructible? How do newbies know that bears kill? How do newbies know that you can drown? How do newbies know how to build a house? They learn, read on forums, ring of brodgar or by themselves. Such a stupid argument.

I was asking if there is something relatively intuition that they should know that helps them such as a graphics change to a more decayed look.

As for the other questions
Bears are generally intimidating; you aren't going to find teddy bears to hug.
They will find the discovery path towards making house by progression which is the basic gameplay.
Not everyone is going to bounce around the wiki everyday; most just look at it to research a specific thing they do not understand and that is fairly random as it is.
I hope your reception intended towards questions helping towards improving something isn't calling the question or statement stupid.
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
Patchouli_Knowledge

Postby Zeler » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:35 pm

Ysh wrote:
Ozzy123 wrote:

I mean age for this new soak reduction. It will still work as now where soak is 0 until it is building up, just it will build up to a lower value if the wall is old.

Very good thinking Ysh, I like it.

For the whole idea - it for sure needs some polishing, brainstorming and general idea, but it is something that I would support.
Zeler

Postby Granger » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:08 am

As long as the result of it being total destruction I'm not good with this.

Please come up with something that results in more of a raid than sterilisation of the inside of the wall and I'm fine with making it easy to break through it.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas