Opinion about updates.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Opinion about updates.

Postby Fostik » Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:59 am

As everyone see there was no updates for last 3 weeks, and last update wasnt usefull for 90% players.
Therefore i want to tell some thoughts about game. My vision of the situation.

1. There must be content. Srsly, people must do something: craft, grow animals, do casual things while he isnt at battle.
There are still over 9000 useless crops, crafts, professions, but devs still continuing make a customable buildings :?
2. There must be endgame content. Hard craft that requires mutch of space, resources. Endgame must be a strategy-like, but simultaneously there still must be things like mammoths&trolls for "elite hunting".
Now we have almost useless cheeses, useless pepper-making, else.
3. Devs must accept that H&H is sessional game. Noone wants to play more than 3-5 month, any stat cap or world extension won't give players will to play.
Game development must move in that dirrection. The more wipes or subworlds with wipes - the more new players, who wants to play again.

That'all what im thinking about game last time.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Re: Opinion about updates.

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:14 am

hey man this is a pretty cool thread

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST
Last edited by Granger on Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: offtopic
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:43 am

HnH isn't a session game, nor should it be. The flaw in your thinking us the concept of end-game content. There must be an ongoing series of changing events. Something natural and intrinsic rather than special and episodic. It must be a constant struggle to survive at each level of the game, and no dominion should ever be safe.

Perfect unchanging safety is the antithesis of a survival alscenario. Only afterwe stop thinking in the dead-end broken patterns of "grind to endgame, bored, start over" will this game achieve its potential.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby SacreDoom » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:21 pm

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:HnH isn't a session game, nor should it be. The flaw in your thinking us the concept of end-game content. There must be an ongoing series of changing events. Something natural and intrinsic rather than special and episodic. It must be a constant struggle to survive at each level of the game, and no dominion should ever be safe.

Perfect unchanging safety is the antithesis of a survival alscenario. Only afterwe stop thinking in the dead-end broken patterns of "grind to endgame, bored, start over" will this game achieve its potential.

Not that I disagree with you, but you should keep in mind to be less dogmatic and consider that what you state is your opinion as well. You seem to have a desire for games to be sadistic to their players at all times that the entirety of the playerbase does not necessarily share with you. You seem to desire to actively avoid gameplay growing stale because of daily, unchanging routines, yet you seemingly don't find paving gigant roads for hours on end to be tedious. This, for example, is a mystery to me.
SacreDoom

Postby LadyV » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:55 pm

My dear I have arguing for content and variety for many worlds now. So have others. The issue is you have two people doing all the work. They may not move at our pace but they are moving forward. The other issue you are dealing with is your fellow players. Everyone wants something and sets a priority on it. So that alone forces a balance between it all on what gets added.

If you want priority then it has to be game system first then interface, then content and depth. Why? Because if the game does not work whats the point of content?

Haven is and is what it always has been a game that allows many different styles of play and sometimes those conflict thus frustrating whatever group is left out at the time. My suggestion is post your desires and concerns long enough and consistently enough and you'll get an answer either yes or no. After all it is an MMO which means we, not me.
LadyV

Return to Critique & Ideas