Spanish Translation

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Spanish Translation

Postby koffinmaker » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:24 pm

Hey, i got some time playing, and my 7 years old want to play too, but, our main languaje is not english (he's learning, but basics now), want to know the way to help u out with a spanish translation if possible :).
Well that's all letme know if can be possible, and keep the good work Dev Team :D
koffinmaker

Re: Spanish Translation

Postby Ysh » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:29 pm

koffinmaker wrote:Hey, i got some time playing, and my 7 years old want to play too, but, our main languaje is not english (he's learning, but basics now), want to know the way to help u out with a spanish translation if possible :).
Well that's all letme know if can be possible, and keep the good work Dev Team :D

I think there is no plan for official translation. Hard working custom client developer of Amber Client has done framework for community translation. You can see in that thread maybe for how to helping with some Spanish. There seems to be guide for helping here.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Prowny » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:28 am

I offered them to translate the game to spanish a couple years ago and I was told there were no plans to do so for the time being.
loftar wrote:The tears in this thread are so delicious
Prowny

Postby Enjoyment » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:07 pm

Prowny wrote:I offered them to translate the game to spanish a couple years ago and I was told there were no plans to do so for the time being.

I don't think that "make Spanish translation" should count as "offer", it seems to more like request.
An offer is when you say "make Spanish translation and I will bring 50 payable players into your game".
IMO.
You shouldn't forget, that H&H developing by just two guys on their free time. And any requests made for them are considered in some priority. And if only 2 people wait for spanish translation - it not worth the effort.
In case, there is a big part of community, who wants to play in Spanish - than you should colaborate and make your own translation (as the Russian community did with Amber)
English is neither my native lang, nor my best side...
Enjoyment
Under curfew

Postby Prowny » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:20 pm

Enjoyment wrote:
Prowny wrote:I offered them to translate the game to spanish a couple years ago and I was told there were no plans to do so for the time being.

I don't think that "make a Spanish translation" should count as an "offer", it seems to more like a request.
An offer is when you say "make a Spanish translation and I will bring 50 payable players into your game".
IMO.
You shouldn't forget, that H&H is being developed by just two guys on their free time. And any requests made for them are considered in some priority. And if only 2 people wait for a spanish translation - it is not worth the effort.
In this case, there is a big part of the community, who wants to play in Spanish - then you should collaborate and make your own translation (as the Russian community did with Amber)

No, offering is just fine in this case.
Also, sure I could do it.
loftar wrote:The tears in this thread are so delicious
Prowny

Postby Kaios » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:50 pm

This might also be a relevant thread
Kaios

Return to Critique & Ideas