Butchery Specific Tool

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Butchery Specific Tool

Postby Hasta » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:35 pm

APXEOLOG wrote:I don't want to waste inventory slots for one more pointless tool. Bad idea

APXEOLOG wrote:I always have scythe on my farmer

Sooo... if there was such thing as a special tool for more convenient butchering, you wouldn't have it on your butcher just to save a slot or two?
Hasta

Postby shubla » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:36 pm

Hasta wrote:
APXEOLOG wrote:I don't want to waste inventory slots for one more pointless tool. Bad idea

Sooo... if there was such thing as a special tool for more convenient butchering, you wouldn't have it on your butcher just to save a slot or two?

But waht if he uses farmer as butcherer?
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Hasta » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:39 pm

shubla wrote:But waht if he uses farmer as butcherer?

That's an irrelevant question. Let's wait for the man to answer, shall we?
Hasta

Postby vatas » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:11 pm

I've been trying to suggest since year ago. Basically, to add new viable butchering tools, you need to make the type of tool to affect the tool's effectiveness. Right now I'm using stone axe that arbitrarily is better than anything I can make from metal.

Some steps towards this have been taken, with pickaxe having its quality modified by 2 compared to stone axe when mining (it's also has always hit the rock faster than axe) and scythe given (or will be given) stamina drain modifier based on quality.

Simple version could be rolled out with axes and chopping the trees, to test the system mechanically and get player feedback and chance to get prepared should the more radical change occur.

Note: if I understood correctly, "asymptotically" in context of haven currently means that Knarr can have speed of 4 to 8, starting from 4 (presumably at q0) to 6 (presumably around q40-90) to 8 (theoretical at infinite quality, 8 can be approached but never actually reached.) Like current geometric scaling used in quality, this is meant to have early points in quality increase matter more.

Stone axe: 0.5x to 1.0x (increases asymptotically) rate of chopping trees
Bronze/wrought iron axe: 1x to 2x (increases asymptotically) rate of chopping trees
Steel axe: 2x to 3x (increases asymptotically) rate of chopping trees

Possible early draft values for various new sharp tools:

Stone knife: 10-100 softcap for butcher/skinning, depending on quality with asymptomatic scaling.
Bone knife: 20-200 softcap for butcher/skinning, depending on quality with asymptomatic scaling.
Iron knife: 30-300 softcap for butcher/skinning, depending on quality with asymptomatic scaling.
Bronze knife: 40-400 softcap for butcher/skinning, depending on quality with asymptomatic scaling.
Steel knife: 50-500 softcap for butcher/skinning, depending on quality with asymptomatic scaling.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby SiO2 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:28 pm

One-steel bar cost curving tool as a late-game spiraled tool would be good enough. Otherwise we need other kind of quality spiraling industry, which is not worth a single knife to introduce.
Bronies for life /)
SiO2

Postby APXEOLOG » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:58 pm

Hasta wrote:

No i don't want special tool for it. Hunters usually butcher creatures, so for melee we already have sword or we generally have an axe.
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
APXEOLOG

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas