Add management options to the kingdom screen

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Add management options to the kingdom screen

Postby zebratul » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:28 pm

Good day.
I'd like to ask for an addition of a group management system akin to existing village management to the kingdom screen.

Right now there's no reason to invite anybody into the kingdom, lest their little clicky hands build 100 cairns everywhere, draw all of the influence for themselves leaving your kingdom unprotected, bury some bum's corpse with royal privileges, or worse. Every member of a kingdom has access to every management option, and there's no difference between a king and a peasant.
Even worse, this renders kingdom-wide (which i like very much as a concept) chat useless.

Tick boxes like «territory managing», «authority use» and «inviting new members» in addition with good old colour groups would allow you to quickly and easily devide the kingdom into Authority-weilding nobles, knights with access to expanding influence and recruiting, and your regular newbs-peasant with no rights, but with a common chat to ask question and a sense of community.

Edit: i like edits
Last edited by zebratul on Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
zebratul

Re: Add management options to the kingdom screen

Postby Jacobian123 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:20 pm

jorb wrote:We haven't added permissions settings for Realms, as we figured you can be selective about who you make a member of the actual Realm, but already as I write this I suspect that you'll insist on permissions before long. *sigh*

Not disagreeing, it needs to happen.
W3-W8 - Hermit
W9 - (Ex)-Leader of Vidarrheim

Image Image Image
Jacobian123

Postby zebratul » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:28 am

jorb wrote:We haven't added permissions settings for Realms, as we figured you can be selective about who you make a member of the actual Realm, but already as I write this I suspect that you'll insist on permissions before long. *sigh*

Completly missed that (guess all the excitement i didn't read that far down). But yeah, jorb is correct in his predictions (:
zebratul

Postby Pickard » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:00 am

jorb wrote:We haven't added permissions settings for Realms, as we figured you can be selective about who you make a member of the actual Realm

We already have villages for trusted enough people. I cant add anyone to my realm because they can destroy entire realm or add enemy who will destroy.
At the same time I need to add everyone to realm, to make people feel involved, support local community with kingdom chat, which is actually awesome.
w15 Trust me bro w14 Arcanum w13 Arcanum w12 Action w11 Willowroot w10 Dis w9 Hive w8 Core w7 H.A.W.X/Progress w6 Dis/Disneyland w5 Peace/Late Project
Pickard

Postby zebratul » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:16 am

Pickard wrote:
jorb wrote:We haven't added permissions settings for Realms, as we figured you can be selective about who you make a member of the actual Realm

We already have villages for trusted enough people. I cant add anyone to my realm because they can destroy entire realm or add enemy who will destroy.
At the same time I need to add everyone to realm, to make people feel involved, support local community with kingdom chat, which is actually awesome.

Exactly. Jorb made the system somewhat backwards.
zebratul

Postby jorb » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:11 pm

QQ
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Return to Critique & Ideas