Remove Tree Stunting?

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Remove Tree Stunting?

Postby tyrtix » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:10 pm

maybe a spell that makes a planted tree not become stunted! More druidic than that, i dunnow!
Maybe also a spell to increase ql in pepper/grapes/hops, i have a couple grapes planted some months ago, never got an increase in ql, still @ 14.4.
tyrtix

Postby Audiosmurf » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:27 pm

tyrtix wrote:maybe a spell that makes a planted tree not become stunted! More druidic than that, i dunnow!
Maybe also a spell to increase ql in pepper/grapes/hops, i have a couple grapes planted some months ago, never got an increase in ql, still @ 14.4.

You need to replant grapes to increase their Q.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Onep » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:32 pm

tyrtix wrote:maybe a spell that makes a planted tree not become stunted! More druidic than that, i dunnow!

Here's a relevant thread: Grape and Hop Gain
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby tyrtix » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:46 pm

yep, i understood that i had to replant or maybe grind www to get better seeds, but hey, we are speaking about druidic spells, so why not add something like that? may just fix with a cool thing the issue, i think
tyrtix

Postby jorb » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:35 pm

I agree that it could be more fun.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Granger » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:12 pm

A tree being 'stunted' should either simply grow way slower, or we need a way to remove the effect.

As it is the mechanic is not fun and should be removed if the other options are to much work.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby tyrtix » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:33 pm

Granger wrote:A tree being 'stunted' should either simply grow way slower, or we need a way to remove the effect.

As it is the mechanic is not fun and should be removed if the other options are to much work.

In fact, i believe that a good game design rule is: any bad effect should last only for some time or be reversible.
tyrtix

Postby ekzarh » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:21 am

tyrtix wrote:
Granger wrote:A tree being 'stunted' should either simply grow way slower, or we need a way to remove the effect.

In fact, i believe that a good game design rule is: any bad effect should last only for some time or be reversible.

Yeah! Like wretched gore. Lasts for 68 RL days.
And I'm not kidding. It was frustrating, but seeing like your crippled, wounded character recovers slowly over time and returns back to its former glory was... immersing.
ekzarh

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas