Growing quality for new players

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Growing quality for new players

Postby gad432 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:18 pm

If you came to the game after the start, even for the month you are most likely not catch people who started from the plant quality.
I propose in this or the next world to introduce a regular increase in the base quality of plants and animals. Perhaps trees. once a week or once a month. This will help started later. and players at a later game. The first will be able to find good seeds. create better tools and clothing from animals. others can be developed further and not to use a 100q saw having 1000 all articles.
gad432

Re: Growing quality for new players

Postby azrid » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:38 pm

No thanks.
There is trading if you want to catch up in quality.
azrid

Postby MrPunchers » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:39 pm

Maybe influence trade and the noobs would get hq tree seeds?
Suck me good and hard thru my jorts
MrPunchers

Postby Enjoyment » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:48 pm

So, some people worked hard for a couple of months to produce high-q stuff, that you can buy for a few coins. But it's too hard for you? You want to get all the cookies just because you were a slowpoke and joined the world so late?
Thx, no.
English is neither my native lang, nor my best side...
Enjoyment
Under curfew

Postby gad432 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:34 pm

all for fear for their 500q carrots. I do not propose to randomly spawn was equal to agriculture. Then the meaning would be lost in agriculture. Just ask some movement forward. make the world not just static.
gad432

Postby shubla » Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:43 pm

azrid wrote:-1
No thanks.

trading is shit.
Either, buy subtoken for 20 dollars and give it to some pro player.
Or then collect 2000 blueberries and give them.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Enjoyment » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:02 pm

shubla wrote:
azrid wrote:-1
No thanks.

trading is shit.
Either, buy subtoken for 20 dollars and give it to some pro player.
Or then collect 2000 blueberries and give them.

You blame trading without understanding of it's basics, shubla. Yeap, the price of 2K blueberries may be a little bit high for a newbie, but the main part of trading - to keep your hand on the pulse for the most valuable things. As example, you can always smelt 30 bars of metal (any quality) - and get 10 crowns on SCM. You won't be able to buy top-q tools, but there are some decent tools for 1-2 crowns... That will be more than good start for newcomer.
English is neither my native lang, nor my best side...
Enjoyment
Under curfew

Postby ekzarh » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:52 pm

There are tradeable goods which can be easily done with q10 stuff - silk, steel, hard leather.
With that you can get high q tools and spin quality much faster than without trading.
ekzarh

Postby tyrtix » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:12 pm

-1, it's not so hard to get decent starting ql for many of the farming items, especially for a starter needs.

Anyway, trading in haven is a real pain and a new player may understand how to trade efficiently only when he does not need anymore trading for getting decent items.
Trading is a great issue in Haven, generally, especially if we watch at other similar games like wurm or salem
tyrtix

Postby Kumodo » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:28 pm

Well from a business stand point and development. You need money and subscriptions to further the game. The game suffers when people play for a limited time and quit, either boredom, limited play time, come to a dead stop with learning new skills or finding mats and just quit. Doesn't matter if you like it or not, each time any game loses its new player base it hoses the rest of the vets. I am not vet, i consider myself capped atm until i find better natural resources. i've been murdered lol , died to freak boar accidents while raiding an ant hill , drowned on a disconnect . Ya i stuck with the game . Trading you say? Well that requires travel and pulling up a map and depending on where your at, might take you 4 hours to get there .How much of this game is top secret and you cant find anything on the subject you want, or no one replies to a post to help. Ive asked some player about HQ clay, all i can find is 44 Q , been 2 hours in every direction from my place. Go trade at Emerald City a guy tells me...holy shit thats a jaunt.

If you want to make the game more beginner user friendly . I would say your toon gets a 7 day week period (hours played only), where you can not steal,vandalize, theft or be murdered to someone or by someone . You could also make it where a new player could do these things provided they have the LP to learn the ability, but once they do they cough up the grace period.

Second i would say a tutorial on basic things when you start, possibly in the whisp start zone. How hard is it to type a box that appears that gives a pre warning about combat with various animals and what your skill and armor should be for various animals. Not everyone who starts knows about the Seven Beginner guide when they start.

Third i would say finding raw materials is a stumper, right now i just found 63 water, previously 51, 44 clay, 42 sand , my trees are 47 Q because of my pots, bricks, clay, ore is 60ish on level 4 mine. Im not even sure how high they go .

Whats this games end game ? Killing trolls? Building a Knarr and raiding? Whats the lure to play? I like it because its challenging, some players are just going to say screw it though.

I brought up in Lady goo's post about tree farms , maybe introducing trees that enrich soil for you and making different JUNK trees have some meaning. More things like this would help.

Needs more material to keep people interested , new animals, junk trees need more meaning , recipes , new crops and some more end game stuff for vets. Introduce Giants , roaming packs of goblins that act as NPC raids, maybe they attack villages or peoples abandon claims and start spawning from there and moving on... Make people form villages and tie it all in for safety. Wouldn't that be the shit!
Kumodo

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas