Major QoL improvement idea

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Major QoL improvement idea

Postby Granger » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:29 am

Shameless plug:

Granger wrote:
jorb wrote:
Granger wrote:Back to the game: the crafting menu sucks.

I agree.

Maybe I can interest you in a little game of Factorio to test how the research interface works there?
It is nice because you can click up and down through the tree of stuff you know (or don't).

Translated to haven: In case I want to make something and missing an ingredient I could click that ingredient in the crafting window and create it, then (in the ingredient crafting window) I could click in the list of things this item enables (= is used to craft/build) to activate that craft/build.

Example:

This process (window) could be triggered by a single action (giving cursor to click on invobj or gobj).

Combine with something similar to this
so one dosn't have to have an ingredient in inventory to start to dig into the tree

Something in that direction could be a way to go, when activating a workstation open a window (for current windowless ones, in case no crafting receipt related to that station is active) with, among other information, contains the list of stuff the character can make there - then one can click on one of it to set crafting to that item (or click further down to sub-ingredients from there).
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas