Kingdom Quest~ relics & war

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Kingdom Quest~ relics & war

Postby Adder1234 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:34 am

Only issue I can see is if one realm or group gets all the relics, then is too OP for anyone else to take on. Or if the realm is too OP to begin with and no one else can compete with them for the relics.
Adder1234

Re: Kingdom Quest~ relics & war

Postby ekzarh » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:35 am

Adder1234 wrote:Only issue I can see is if one realm or group gets all the relics, then is too OP for anyone else to take on. Or if the realm is too OP to begin with and no one else can compete with them for the relics.

This happens a lot. Both IRL and in MMO.
But they always fall. Either by intention or just rot from inside due to boredom and internal conflicts.
See EVE Online history for the reference.

Offtopic:
Unfortunately, in the game with unhindered endless progress (and some other things specific to Haven) this process is delayed in artificial way.
I mean if 50 people are investing all their time into 2-3 characters then after 47 people leave all their time investments are still controllable and manageable by remaining 2-3 people.

If we transfer this experience to some softcore MMO like WoW - imagine if the guild of 50 people may transfer even 30% of their stats to 3 people upon leave - these characters would be ridiculously OP and shitstorm would probably mean the end of Blizzard as a company.
ekzarh

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas