More kingdom objects?

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

More kingdom objects?

Postby Jacobian123 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:33 am

So, I've been thinking about a few more uses for kingdoms, since they seem very endgame, it'd be fitting for them to have quite a few things other than just kingdom magic.

• Watchtowers:
    Would be useful for a kind of map with kingdoms, maybe implementing a LOS system in the map? If you have a watchtower "active" with a player in it, it would grant more visibility in the area in terms of wildlife, local claims, hearthlings, etc.

• Stone Walls:
    Taller and bulkier than palisades or brickwalls, they would be able to be built by those with a building permission activated in the Realm management tab in kinlist. Requires a shitton of resource, but you can climb up on them and walk on them + position anti-siege equipment (catapults, maybe ballistas?) Would be able to link them to stone towers (would require a buff or significant change to them) or watchtowers.

• Kingdom Banners:
    Similar to Village Banners, but purely decorative. Larger and able to hold a design, would be nice for signifying who's kingdom you're under besides just a name.

Also, make Menhirs and Grotesque Idols better.

Might be more later of I can think of them. Let me know what you all think.
W3-W8 - Hermit
W9 - (Ex)-Leader of Vidarrheim

Image Image Image
Jacobian123

Re: More kingdom objects?

Postby Fierce_Deity » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:02 am

Meh...siege is already such a mess. Throwing in a new wall stronger than brick in every way sounds like a step in the wrong direction. Although I do see how having walls like this for a kingdom could be fun. A kingdom stone wall could have a large gate that can have a entrance tax set on it, new siege equipment specifically made to take these walls down. But lets be real, if its going to be better than brick it has to be more expensive right? Well stones always going to be easier to get then clay and bricks. Even if you require metal for every piece it will be easier than a brick wall. I suppose you could also require the stone wall to have some amount of bricks in it. You could have every tile of stone wall drain a little authority. If authority gets too low then the wall could be torn down like a palisade. That would just encourage small stone walls to protect vaults or small villages tho.
I don't see this working out.
Fierce_Deity

Postby ricky » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:12 am

why not reorganize the walls so that bwall would be stronger than stone wall. it does make sense.

wood<stone<brick
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby Jacobian123 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:57 am

Honestly, how often have we heard of brick walls made from clay bricks being used in defense of a castle or city in real life? Stone seems like a better alternative, though maybe specialized crafting/resources could be in order to make it hard for anyone except the most dedicated to get one up. Metal, wood, mortar, specialized/cut stone bricks?
W3-W8 - Hermit
W9 - (Ex)-Leader of Vidarrheim

Image Image Image
Jacobian123

Postby Adder1234 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:17 am

Jacobian123 wrote:Honestly, how often have we heard of brick walls made from clay bricks being used in defense of a castle or city in real life? Stone seems like a better alternative, though maybe specialized crafting/resources could be in order to make it hard for anyone except the most dedicated to get one up. Metal, wood, mortar, specialized/cut stone bricks?

Could call them fortress walls in order to avoid confusion. On that note, the ability to build a fortress would be a cool feature for kingdoms. A massive, castle like building with multiple floors and a roof like a tower, with the realms flag or symbol on a banner over the gate. It would be lockable and used to store valuable materials, as well as a home for the realms elite. Its only logic since we now have kingdoms that we have strongholds too.
Adder1234

Return to Critique & Ideas