New Combat Feedback

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: New Combat Feedback

Postby Ozzy123 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:51 pm

APXEOLOG wrote:
dafels wrote:This guy thought that most of the combat skills in legacy haven are useless, sorry, but I couldn't read this seriously.

Wow, you are an example of a quality feedback, for sure

I mean, you havent been in a single fight this world so your feedback isnt really reliable either. By just looking at the moves you can't understand the combat system.
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby APXEOLOG » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:13 pm

Ozzy123 wrote:I mean, you havent been in a single fight this world so your feedback isnt really reliable either. By just looking at the moves you can't understand the combat system.

But i don't see any other feedback. Where all those people who are so good in combat? Making more dumb threads about their magnificent battles?
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
APXEOLOG

Postby Ozzy123 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:18 pm

APXEOLOG wrote:
Ozzy123 wrote:I mean, you havent been in a single fight this world so your feedback isnt really reliable either. By just looking at the moves you can't understand the combat system.

But i don't see any other feedback. Where all those people who are so good in combat? Making more dumb threads about their magnificent battles?

Maybe youre not reading the patchnotes thread? Cuz we are posting feedback there.
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby Mafious » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:50 pm

what would you guys recomend my stats should be before i start hunting ants and bats?
https://strawpoll.com/xh2d3zr2 if you give a fuck about mining vote on this. Make mining great again! Bring back old supports.
Mafious

Postby Hourai_Chimes » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:10 pm

dafels wrote:This guy thought that most of the combat skills in legacy haven are useless, sorry, but I couldn't read this seriously.

Some of the moves in legacy are useless. Notably butterfly. Since there are better alternatives. Things like flex (nerfed version) are situational that you may use at a time given. But not something you put in your hotkey.
You laugh at me because I am different. I laugh at you because you are all the same.
Hourai_Chimes

Postby APXEOLOG » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:31 pm

Mafious wrote:what would you guys recomend my stats should be before i start hunting ants and bats?

I killed ant with 6 UA and 10/10/... stats. But i took a lot of damage (because i had no armor at all). As for the bats - i'm not sure about it
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
APXEOLOG

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:33 pm

Ozzy123 wrote:
APXEOLOG wrote:

Wow, you are an example of a quality feedback, for sure

I mean, you havent been in a single fight this world so your feedback isnt really reliable either. By just looking at the moves you can't understand the combat system.

xddd i dont see how being in a fight in a different combat system is relevant to having an opinion on a new combat system, i doubt anyone posting has been in a proper fight with it yet. his opinion is just as valuable as ur PVP CHAMP OPINION because we are all on equal footing on such a new system. also outside of 1v1 in legacy majority of the skills were useless, and 1v1s were pretty rare unless arranged (still rare)

most of the stuff he says is pretty accurate except for his analysis on some skills and his decks are really bad
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Frostburn » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:07 pm

I am unaware of the current combat mechanics and cannot provide proper feedback reflected upon its state so I will not say anything less I provide incorrect information. What I wish to do is to ask how does the flow of combat different as if now in comparison to the previous system? If I recall my information correctly, a hearthling's life in the previous system is very fragile due to how greater the damage is compare to the life of a hearthling. Does this element still reside in this system?
The vast majority of communication with others are not just words; it is also diction, body motion, and many other factors. Even doing nothing is communication in itself. The moment your eyes meet someone, you have initiated contact. In essential, it is a constant non-stop flow between two or more entities.
Frostburn

Postby Jesus_Smith_Nandez » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:28 pm

In this system, you will take partial damage depending on your opening, rather than full damage after defences are down as it used to be. If someone is punching you for green opening, the punch will gradually do more damage as the opening builds. Because of this, in many stalemates, the one with more str or con will win over the long run because the gradual loss of HP.
HnH Videos
God bless
Jesus_Smith_Nandez

Postby Frostburn » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:34 pm

If applied within a battlefield with multiple participants, will that also leaves the target vulnerable to the same color? I have some experience with combat in the previous system but not within the new system.
The vast majority of communication with others are not just words; it is also diction, body motion, and many other factors. Even doing nothing is communication in itself. The moment your eyes meet someone, you have initiated contact. In essential, it is a constant non-stop flow between two or more entities.
Frostburn

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas