Allow archers to shoot over walls on raised ground

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Allow archers to shoot over walls on raised ground

Postby overtyped » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:25 am

sabinati wrote:I GUESS HE'LL NEVER GET UNBANNED THEN

Ban his new account too, for making such a bad idea.
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby sabinati » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:28 am

AT SOME POINT I WILL
sabinati

Postby overtyped » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:31 am

sabinati wrote:AT SOME POINT I WILL

STOP USING CAPS LOCK, IT HURTS MY EYES. CAPS ARE ONLY FOR THE FIRST LETTER OF A SENTENCE.
overtyped

Postby infectedking » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:33 am

overtyped wrote:

STOP USING CAPS LOCK, IT HURTS MY EYES. CAPS ARE ONLY FOR THE FIRST LETTER OF A SENTENCE.

that's what you call a Capitalist.
dafels wrote:I like to be under Frosty's command.

Any Questions about the game or anything, hit me up on skype: deadlytroll1 Or you can find me in the hedgehug realm chat on discord.
W7: Hermit
W8: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W9: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W10: deserter-Peaceful Farmer of F&I
infectedking

Postby sabinati » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:33 am

overtyped wrote:

THEY ARE FOR YELLING
sabinati

Postby kaysaari » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:06 am

Archers shooting over walls and being able to hop over a wall are good ideas, but they need a good counter to wall-archers and dirt shield ramps - perhaps a Shield Over Head defensive combat move and vats of pitch, boiling water, etc. poured from either hoardings (for palisades) or the tops of brickwalls (I believe walkable brickwall tops have already been brought up). Perhaps a brick wall could even be made taller, balanced with some expensive, explosive hearth magic to blow a hole in the wall (could also be useful for mining, but likely to cause collapse...)

Heck of a lot of work for our already hard-working devs, though.
kaysaari

Postby overtyped » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:47 am

kaysaari wrote:Archers shooting over walls and being able to hop over a wall are good ideas, but they need a good counter to wall-archers and dirt shield ramps - perhaps a Shield Over Head defensive combat move and vats of pitch, boiling water, etc. poured from either hoardings (for palisades) or the tops of brickwalls (I believe walkable brickwall tops have already been brought up). Perhaps a brick wall could even be made taller, balanced with some expensive, explosive hearth magic to blow a hole in the wall (could also be useful for mining, but likely to cause collapse...)

No, they are terrible ideas. Walls are for keeping people out. To turn walls into something more trivial than picket fences defeats the concept.
Shooting over walls is also terrible. We had that in the previous haven, and it just meant that none could afk outside houses, which was not a fun mechanic.

Mods, remove this fool from my sight posthaste.
overtyped

Postby infectedking » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:25 am

overtyped wrote:
kaysaari wrote:Archers shooting over walls and being able to hop over a wall are good ideas, but they need a good counter to wall-archers and dirt shield ramps - perhaps a Shield Over Head defensive combat move and vats of pitch, boiling water, etc. poured from either hoardings (for palisades) or the tops of brickwalls (I believe walkable brickwall tops have already been brought up). Perhaps a brick wall could even be made taller, balanced with some expensive, explosive hearth magic to blow a hole in the wall (could also be useful for mining, but likely to cause collapse...)

No, they are terrible ideas. Walls are for keeping people out. To turn walls into something more trivial than picket fences defeats the concept.
Shooting over walls is also terrible. We had that in the previous haven, and it just meant that none could afk outside houses, which was not a fun mechanic.

But gates are a thing that need to be kept closed, or else people like Ainran will come over, right dole?
dafels wrote:I like to be under Frosty's command.

Any Questions about the game or anything, hit me up on skype: deadlytroll1 Or you can find me in the hedgehug realm chat on discord.
W7: Hermit
W8: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W9: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W10: deserter-Peaceful Farmer of F&I
infectedking

Postby Colin500 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:02 am

I don't want to see archer walls again, Village Idols around a Village Idol aren't enough for this world?
Colin500

Postby kaysaari » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:58 am

overtyped wrote:

No, afking outside your house is the terrible idea, and so is commanding the mods.
kaysaari

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas