Allow archers to shoot over walls on raised ground

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Allow archers to shoot over walls on raised ground

Postby overtyped » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:48 am

kaysaari wrote:
overtyped wrote:
kaysaari wrote:Archers shooting over walls and being able to hop over a wall are good ideas, but they need a good counter to wall-archers and dirt shield ramps - perhaps a Shield Over Head defensive combat move and vats of pitch, boiling water, etc. poured from either hoardings (for palisades) or the tops of brickwalls (I believe walkable brickwall tops have already been brought up). Perhaps a brick wall could even be made taller, balanced with some expensive, explosive hearth magic to blow a hole in the wall (could also be useful for mining, but likely to cause collapse...)

Heck of a lot of work for our already hard-working devs, though.

No, they are terrible ideas. Walls are for keeping people out. To turn walls into something more trivial than picket fences defeats the concept.
Shooting over walls is also terrible. We had that in the previous haven, and it just meant that none could afk outside houses, which was not a fun mechanic.

Mods, remove this fool from my sight posthaste.

No, afking outside your house is the terrible idea, and so is commanding the mods.

Its fine because all the mods are submissives , and they like when they are used by bob dole like an old sock. Any of the mods can vouch for me, just ask them.

Maybe declaring war, as long as it doesnt affect the visitor buff, but then i wonder what is the point of declaring war.
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas