An actual good idea for pvp+ strawpoll

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: An actual good idea for pvp+ strawpoll

Postby overtyped » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:14 am

Amanda44 wrote:It's a game and I don't think the special resources should be put further out of reach ... :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mYZJD_FzV4 What wud u know amanda, ur out of ur prime.
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby Amanda44 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:40 am

overtyped wrote:
Amanda44 wrote:It's a game and I don't think the special resources should be put further out of reach ... :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mYZJD_FzV4 What wud u know amanda, ur out of ur prime.

I've yet to reach my prime, lol, so what wud u know .... that vid isn't watchable in my country ... but I'm guessing that's a good thing ... :D

P.s. Don't be a sore loser ..... more players agreed with my viewpoint on your poll because the resources are needed for important builds and charter stones are needed for trading, if you weren't in a faction or hadn't claimed any at the start of the world it was difficult to obtain them. I didn't get my charter stone up for almost half the world and it wasn't through lack of exploring and hunting for them believe me, I've been all over the map. Now the player base has dwindled they are much easier to come by as most of the claims are now inactive.
Just adapt the idea to incorporate something else, the idea itself was good. :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby overtyped » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:24 pm

Amanda44 wrote:
overtyped wrote:

I've yet to reach my prime, lol, so what wud u know .... that vid isn't watchable in my country ... but I'm guessing that's a good thing ... :D

P.s. Don't be a sore loser ..... more players agreed with my viewpoint on your poll because the resources are needed for important builds and charter stones are needed for trading, if you weren't in a faction or hadn't claimed any at the start of the world it was difficult to obtain them. I didn't get my charter stone up for almost half the world and it wasn't through lack of exploring and hunting for them believe me, I've been all over the map. Now the player base has dwindled they are much easier to come by as most of the claims are now inactive.
Just adapt the idea to incorporate something else, the idea itself was good. :)

it's an amanda bynes parody.
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby ekzarh » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:42 pm

IMO you can try a different approach.

Game tracks natural resources as 'farmed' and 'not farmed'

To be considered 'farmed' a resource must match one of the next criteria:
1) Claimed
2) Walled
3) Last 3 times be collected within 48 hours after respawn.

And additional 'must have' criteria is distance - something like 20-30 minimaps is the furthest when arrows to farmed resource appear.

Only 'farmed' resources have their arrows and pvp contest over them.

This way we hit 2 birds with one stone.
One: Resources which are, undiscovered, rarely collected, not owned by factions are still available to random travellers and dont have their location exposed to evil PVPers.
Two: Resources which are anyway collected by someone on regular basis are given some contest over it.

There are still some flaws and exploits to this approach,
ekzarh

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas