Idea: Generate level 6

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Idea: Generate level 6

Postby jordancoles » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:54 pm

A dark ore used specifically in a powerful guilding could be a cool thing
Maybe a guilding that on its own gives nothing but can be combined with other guildings to give the current guildings a major buff

Only 1 dark ore guild per gear piece, can only be applied to the second or maybe even the third slot of the gear for extra elitism
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Redlaw » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:02 pm

The 6th layer, be it a underground world, have a new types of cool ores, new monsters or animals, ect....

Jorb and Lofter can just let loose and all on what they could do.

Crystal fruit trees is another idea that could spawn down there.

The the ass's and jerks end up wondering down there... it does not mean they are beating up newbies and noobs alike on the normal type world.
Redlaw

Postby Kaios » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:10 pm

jordancoles wrote:Troll spawn rate would discourage a lot of people from bothering/grinding again after the first miner death to a troll

They only run slightly faster than 3 speed, I got away from one just recently taking no damage at all on my miner.
Last edited by Kaios on Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaios

Postby jordancoles » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:10 pm

Redlaw wrote:Crystal fruit trees is another idea that could spawn down there.

Glowing crystals would be an awesome thing to see as well, maybe you could chip them for eternal light sources/wall torches when underground
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Amanda44 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:48 pm

Redlaw wrote:The 6th layer, be it a underground world, have a new types of cool ores, new monsters, ect....

Yes, I think the whole general idea is a good one and some type of monster greater than a troll could provide some content for endgame chars, maybe we could get some jewels at last. :D
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Bowshot125 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:47 am

I think Draconian Steel or Cobalt/Mithreal armor would be pretty nice from the deeper mines.

Hell, Jorb could even add endgame skeletal/undead dragons in ancient crypts that you mine into.

I think more underground content can be made by introducing undead such as ghouls & skellies.

Would make a very nice Halloween update.
Bowshot125

Postby overtyped » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:53 am

Redlaw wrote:The 6th layer, be it a underground world, have a new types of cool ores, new monsters or animals, ect....

Jorb and Lofter can just let loose and all on what they could do.

Crystal fruit trees is another idea that could spawn down there.

The the ass's and jerks end up wondering down there... it does not mean they are beating up newbies and noobs alike on the normal type world.

It would be cool to have a otherworldly horror dimension on the 6th floor. The only way to progress through it, is to lay markers that ward away the monster spawns, as u progress through it, otherwise it would be lame to have it respawn with monsters everytime you want to make progress down there.
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby ven » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:02 am

It would actually be even better if the 6th level was Niflheim or Helheim, with a few unique stuff but suited for very high-statted chars (with, for example, regular SHP damage due to harsh environment). Nidbanes of unburied people should go there too.
Venator
ven

Postby MrPunchers » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:05 am

Teleskop wrote:some sort of mysterious "dungeon" level would be nice but only for extreme endgame and it should be very very hard !!! and rewarding!!!

This.
Dragons, Skeletons, and Monsters oh my!

But really dungeons would be pretty sweet.
Suck me good and hard thru my jorts
MrPunchers

Postby Vert » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:01 am

I mining a lot this world and think things below will improve interest to mining cave next world.

1) Identical cave systems on levels 2-5 greatly increase player progress. People know where to build their mine holes to get access to the big halls below to start exploring for more/better resources, that shouldn't be a thing.I hope that cave levels will be different next world.

2) Make level 5 mine more difficult, so that only high end players would be able to dig through it. This world I had access to lvl 5 on week 2, found another player in my caves on a 3rd month and five more players two weeks after. I think it'd be nice to have lvl 4 be same resource wise as lvl 5 now (and scale all the previous levels up a bit), and have lvl 5 more challenging and more rewarding.

I think new lvl 5 should have whole bunch of dungeon like systems all over the caves, split by thick 3 tiled walls, so you cant get access to all parts with 1 minehole.Increased hardness on the mine tiles greatly (right now you can easily mine on lvl 5 with 200 str and q150 pickaxe), also increase minimum quality nodes of lvl 5 from 40 to 80 and leave the maximum same as it is now.
1 - minehole in the middle of the area.
2 - minehole between two part of dungeon destroy hard wall.
3 - minehole betwen 3 part of dungeon destroy hard wall.
so you cant get acess to all lvl 5 with 1 minehole.

Also, perhaps add a new stone type or a special resource for the new strong wall (3 tile wide) so you can find it with rustroot, and add statues of previous world champions to lvl 1-2 mines, that would tell some history about the previous world of hnh. Make those statues liftable and/or give people a chance to discover and copy them so that they can build them elsewhere. Statues will return interest to lvl 1 and lvl 2 cave.
Last edited by Vert on Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
Vert

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas