Thought about metal, mining and stuff

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Thought about metal, mining and stuff

Postby Qeeet » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:23 pm

1. Difference in base ore quality between levels should be ~5
2. Maximum quality of ore nodes shouldn't be more then +50
3. Add new crafting item craft->processing->smithing->'recast iron' alongside with 'wrought iron'
4. Recasting iron, when quality increase/decrease triggered adds/subtracts 5 quality instead of +20%
Qeeet

Re: Thought about metal, mining and stuff

Postby Fierce_Deity » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:16 am

Meh... -1
I feel that mining and metal could use a rework or face lift, but yours is the wrong approach.
Nuking the quality of metals seems like a unfun way to bring quality down. Better to just make people work harder for it.
Mine holes could cost more for each level, we could have more levels in general, bats, and mobs in general could scale going downwards with deeper bats not being stopped by bat capes.
A new type of tile could be added that could have a chance to drop a rock crystal. Would not spawn in nodes unless they were kept small.
Could add a fossil tile that would yield bone.
Mining life could be harder in general and pickaxe could have some unique gilds to help with that.
A mob weaker than trolls that pops out of rocks more frequently would be welcome as well. Goblins maybe? Cave bears? Skeleton mobs?
Cave systems could be more interesting in general. Small springs or rivers, glowing crystals, 1 time harvest rock crystals, lava,random bones or bone structures. Stuff like that.

Just spit balling here mostly.
Fierce_Deity

Postby Qeeet » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:06 am

I think this is nice nerf to metals.
The current system is such that nobody mines 1-4 lvls. Everybody mine on only level 5. I think it's wrong.
Currently there are to many advantages to go on level 5 asap.
pros of going to level 5:
1) more ore density
2) WAAAY higher quality
3) gold/silver
4) better ore, better metal bar chances
cons:
1) harder rock/slower mining
2) trolls?

1,3 and 4 pros seem to me to be legit. On other hand quality is way too high, people getting q140-150 bars almost immediately after the world start. I think it is wrong.
Also +20% seems to me like a bit too much. I think the way how recasting works should be similar as crop quality. That is raising quality at the beginning of anybody's play give more advantage.
Bats in level 2-5 caves are silly in my opinion.
Cave system sucks for now. I'd like to see more caves on level 1, and lesser and lesser cave density the further you go down.
Last edited by Qeeet on Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Qeeet

Postby Fierce_Deity » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:14 am

Its the level that takes the longest to get to, it deserves those benefits. We don't need to slash the quality of metal, just need to have mineholes not be easy as pie to set up.
Fierce_Deity

Postby Qeeet » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:33 am

Fierce_Deity wrote:Its the level that takes the longest to get to, it deserves those benefits. We don't need to slash the quality of metal, just need to have mineholes not be easy as pie to set up.

it has already great benefits: ore density and gold/silver.
"longest to get to", you gotta be kidding me, right?
Qeeet

Postby Fierce_Deity » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:34 am

Must be tough having tunnel vision so bad that you can quote me and still not read the part about increasing the difficult of creating mineholes for each subsequent level.
Fierce_Deity

Postby ricky » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:42 am

yeah, mineholes should have an increase in resource rarity/quantity after each level.

base material from ground to level 1
base material + 100 stone + 5 metal to level 2
base material + 200 stone + 10 metal + rock crystal to level 3
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby Redlaw » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:10 am

As it stand I am still mining at the 2nd level, why It has some nodes I need, plus I am a hermit. Wax is not easy to get (even if I am double efforts passively if what i asked is right...). Mining does not need a nerf, the under ground world need a boost, more fun things to find, more creature to run into. When I suggested rats it was me thinking what do we have that would live in a cave? rats was on top since it gave more undrer ground life.

Bears also wear on the top of the list but they do have the issue (good and bad) they only be as the cave entrance. I do wish there is more variety down there, more what could be called life, and in truth I do not care if they draw off one little cave in the world to add it. Its the feeling you are in a world as diverse or even more so then the world above. Plunking should be fun not just a miners dream,
Redlaw

Postby Qeeet » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:19 am

guys, every time when it is about nerfing the quality of anything I see a bunch of cryings.
Wax is not hard to get now, when beehives mechanics are changed compared to legacy. Now you are forced to get many beehives.
Qeeet

Postby Qeeet » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:32 am

Fierce_Deity wrote:Must be tough having tunnel vision so bad that you can quote me and still not read the part about increasing the difficult of creating mineholes for each subsequent level.

must be too opinionated, thinking that I have to respond to every shit you said. Besides you haven't said anything useful to the topic. You didn't answer why metal quality shouldn't be nerfed. Your the only argument is that metal q shouldn't be nerfed, which is silly.
Qeeet

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas