[Idea] More Iventory Slots

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

[Idea] More Iventory Slots

Postby kemil88 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:42 pm

I would like to have more inventory space, I think we could have pockets in jacket and pants, also you could add new bagpacks like Hardened Leather one or Cloth one
kemil88

Re: [Idea] More Iventory Slots

Postby overtyped » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:51 pm

kemil88 wrote:I would like to have more inventory space, I think we could have pockets in jacket and pants, also you could add new bagpacks like Hardened Leather one or Cloth one

no
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby loftar » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:10 pm

If inventory space could be added on a single-square basis, then I would be generally far more open to add some space here and there on various more-or-less insignificant items, but as long as the basic unit of space that can be added is an entire row or column, I feel the need to be quite conservative. Not entirely sure how to solve that problem; we did attempt in Salem by having effectively separate inventories for the various inventory-extending items, but having a segmented inventory would probably work much worse in Haven where items aren't necessarily 1×1.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby kemil88 » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:21 pm

What about implementing the Weight system like in Salem? You get free space but you are limited to weight, and you increase the weight limit with Str or Con or both, and with backpacks (a backpack could reduce the weight by Weight/2 and another could do the same but /3, or something like that
kemil88

Postby maze » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:23 pm

loftar wrote:~ but having a segmented inventory would probably work much worse in Haven where items aren't necessarily 1×1.

but if it's a pocket~ then its a pocket.
if you branch that extra one box off the backpack inventory then someone going to put their 1x4 item coming out of their pocket and going into their backpack.

I cant see a real downside of segmented inventory's
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby MadNomad » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:25 pm

good idea +1
loftar wrote:but having a segmented inventory would probably work much worse in Haven where items aren't necessarily 1×1.

still better than nothing

maze wrote:I cant see a real downside of segmented inventory's

u have more windows on screen which can disturb u while doing actions, it especially might disturb during combat with other people, but cause we can turn windows off it obviously is still better than nothing.
MadNomad

Postby Granger » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:18 pm

loftar wrote:If inventory space could be added on a single-square basis, then I would be generally far more open to add some space here and there on various more-or-less insignificant items, but as long as the basic unit of space that can be added is an entire row or column, I feel the need to be quite conservative. Not entirely sure how to solve that problem; we did attempt in Salem by having effectively separate inventories for the various inventory-extending items, but having a segmented inventory would probably work much worse in Haven where items aren't necessarily 1×1.

Then please, please, pretty please, with cherry on top:

Add a toolbelt with slots accepting waterflak/waterskin, keyring, saw, axe (not B12), sicle (should it ever be introduced) where the tools are auto-pulled into use like they would be if in a hand (as long as a hand is free).

QoL please. Pretty please...
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Iva » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:17 pm

Granger wrote:Add a toolbelt with slots accepting ...

And a hunter's belt with slots accepting four-five dead squirrels, rabbits, hedgehogs and bats. Please. For a newbies. :)
Iva

Return to Critique & Ideas