[Forum Idea] Thread Vote

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

[Forum Idea] Thread Vote

Postby kemil88 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:29 am

This way we could vote ideas that we like and make it easier for jorb and loftar to know what the community would want to have in the game.
(Like +1 or -1)
kemil88

Re: [Forum Idea] Thread Vote

Postby Jacobian123 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:35 am

No, J&L get nagged enough in Critique, I think they get what we want.
W3-W8 - Hermit
W9 - (Ex)-Leader of Vidarrheim

Image Image Image
Jacobian123

Postby Granger » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:44 am

'This is no democracy', plus even in one the voting gets manipulated.

Such a voting would only work should the user be able to vote with his wallet, so he could state that this/that feature is worth to him a certain amount of $€¥¢ and it is made sure that the devs could collect after implementing it.

Till then it would simply result in sock puppet armies voting and be no improvement to the current approach of who argues better (or screams louder).
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Kaios » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:46 pm

I don't think it's a bad idea actually, the votes themselves don't have to effect the thread order/relevancy except if you had an option to sort threads by most/least votes. It may not be entirely representative of the full population but something like that could be useful.
Kaios

Postby Amanda44 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:54 pm

I don't like it for a variety of reasons, one of which is that it is sort of like trying to dictate the game via pressure and agree that the vote wouldn't ever really be representative of the whole playing community.

We can +1 idea's and Jorb does read through the C&I section, and other sections, so it's not like he doesn't know what suggestions are popular or not. I think it's fine as it is.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby shubla » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:57 pm

Devs implement what they please, no matter of public opinion.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Kaios » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:57 pm

I'm just thinking about when jorb goes back weeks or even months to respond to threads, something like this might save him some time. (even if that response is "will consider")
Kaios

Postby maze » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:33 pm

Granger wrote:Till then it would simply result in sock puppet armies voting and be no improvement to the currentl approach of who argues better (or screams louder).

This~ people would exploit the system just to make J&L think the idea is "a hot topic"

Such a voting would only work should the user be able to vote with his wallet, so he could state that this/that feature is worth to him a certain amount of $€¥¢ and it is made sure that the devs could collect after implementing it.

Hmm a pledge fund would be interesting.

still voting~ eh.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby Ysh » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:50 pm

I think poll function is a use to forum even if it is no use for development purpose in C&I. But it can be good for thing like Inn so men do not need use these straw polls.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby kemil88 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:56 pm

Also people would stop asking things that everybody asked, like Bridges, I know there's a Top 10 topic, but yet..
kemil88

Return to Critique & Ideas