Mazes Food & FEP overhaul

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Mazes Food & FEP overhaul

Postby maze » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:32 am

LadyGoo wrote:Stagnation happened to everyone, since anyone could reach the stat and quality caps at this point of the world.

your Stagnation- others who were stat cap didn't mind the cap- but they've now quit since the progressive stat of hardcore uncap beat em' out of the water now...and also made it stagnate.

Forever grind is as stagnate as it gets...
for me- I cant keep up with people in this uncap world. i get a max 1 hour of play a day if I have my computer.

But you of all people~ should figure out a way to make a progression with stat cap. that pushes hardcores together. (and people who seek higher stats at stat cap)
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby infectedking » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:45 am

maze wrote:for me- I cant keep up with people in this uncap world. i get a max 1 hour of play a day if I have my computer.

Sounds like you can't keep up with anyone with such little gametime, you want to be on equal grounds as someone who would play, lets say.... 8+hours a day? Goodluck m8.
dafels wrote:I like to be under Frosty's command.

Any Questions about the game or anything, hit me up on skype: deadlytroll1 Or you can find me in the hedgehug realm chat on discord.
W7: Hermit
W8: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W9: Peaceful Farmer of F&I
W10: deserter-Peaceful Farmer of F&I
infectedking

Postby tyrtix » Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:55 am

just to clear out: every game with a stat progression have a form of statcap... all is about perception of the player and the time that devs sets to get to the deadline.
tyrtix

Postby Ysh » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:44 pm

So you want to removal stat from game?
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby maze » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:46 pm

Ysh wrote:So you want to removal stat from game?

Not a removal of stats but an atempt at removal of "level" progression.

It would be nice to have Hnh based on object progression and less on char progression.

But keeping some stats in does not hurt.
But current Stat progression is just roadblocks and time.
game ideas
maze

Postby Ysh » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:50 pm

maze wrote:

It would be nice to have Hnh based on object progression and less on char progression.

I mean it is impossible to increase base stat above 1. You can just increase effective stat with foods buff. This is right?
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby maze » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:17 am

Ysh wrote:
maze wrote:

I mean it is impossible to increase base stat above 1. You can just increase effective stat with foods buff. This is right?

FEP stats only- the other stats would still be there.
but yes the food would be used to increase the effective stat for a buff duration.

My hope would be to put more focus on farm and cooking progression and not so much eating progression.
and a few other upsides since you would be able to eat anything without worrying about your FEP stats- unless o/c you were eating something for a buff.
game ideas
maze

Postby jorb » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:00 am

Not sure I understand the idea, but the FEP system is one that I am pretty happy about overall.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas