Mazes envisions (end game)

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Mazes envisions (end game)

Postby maze » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:49 am

sMartins wrote:
sMartins wrote:with the new combat 300 vs 500. the 500 would always win.


This is not good...simply we need a better balance then.
To be honest i don't care so much having or not having stats cap....but i think there are a lot of people that only want to play the game, don't bothering with combat or other stuff...so if they want to keep going with their chars stats, why should we stop them? they only want to play, let them doing that...


you can say that about the guys who only wanted stat caps who all up and quit when they removed it.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
User avatar
maze
 
Posts: 2130
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:15 am
Location: Canada

Re: Mazes envisions (end game)

Postby sMartins » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:34 am

yeah sure...but if we implement a system where there is practically no difference between a 5000 char and a 800 char, lets say where the 5k char have 50,1% chance to win and 800 have 49,9% chance....in this way both the community population are happy...am i wrong?
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
User avatar
sMartins
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:21 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Mazes envisions (end game)

Postby maze » Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:44 am

sMartins wrote:yeah sure...but if we implement a system where there is practically no difference between a 5000 char and a 800 char, lets say where the 5k char have 50,1% chance to win and 800 have 49,9% chance....in this way both the community population are happy...am i wrong?

Well semi and semi not.
I factor in laziness and newbies.
and the fact that people with 600+ stat's who die normally quit when they die.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
User avatar
maze
 
Posts: 2130
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:15 am
Location: Canada

Re: Mazes envisions (end game)

Postby sMartins » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:24 am

They probably would quit the same....most of them die cause they are bored and start to do dangerous things, so they want to die, and to quit the game.
This is an MMO...it's in his nature being slow paced (and tedious :D)....it's a second life game...not a combat game( combat is only a small part of what you can do), i suggest you to play others game for the combat aspect, like RTS...for example i play a lot of Wargame Red Dragon, this is great and very intense to fight cause the game is made for that...you can play some FPS also, if you like, or i don't know.

This is Wargame Red Dragon (maybe you like it, it's very in depth and fun, 10vs10 are awesome):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdqjkYILLJE
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
User avatar
sMartins
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:21 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Mazes envisions (end game)

Postby maze » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:43 am

sMartins wrote:They probably would quit the same....most of them die cause they are bored and start to do dangerous things, so they want to die, and to quit the game.
This is an MMO...it's in his nature being slow paced (and tedious :D)....it's a second life game...not a combat game( combat is only a small part of what you can do), i suggest you to play others game for the combat aspect, like RTS...for example i play a lot of Wargame Red Dragon, this is great and very intense to fight cause the game is made for that...you can play some FPS also, if you like, or i don't know.

This is Wargame Red Dragon (maybe you like it, it's very in depth and fun, 10vs10 are awesome):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdqjkYILLJE


I'm pretty well ver in the MMO and gaming world (being one of oldest admins of the original goon squad)
Being a pro gamer in my past.
~and gaming industry (having worked in it)
~Also help run one of biggest gaming community in NA


LoL = maze
Starcraft 1...I cant find the link- I went to Korea to play when I was 15
WoW (with a number of world first)
FPS games....i suck at...moving on.
a number of tiny or well known MMO's (Crimson Scholars guild leader, DWM)

http://convergencegc.com/
(super out dated, idk where the new youtube is and I'm to lazy to ask) https://youtu.be/QVwe5hAyIIU?t=2


~~so this all being said, I've played HnH and loved HnH. the fighting was a BIG thing for HnH in the community over the years. i've been playing since world 2 (this was not my first account btw, I came in the invasion of the goons- some can tell you that is when this game took a quick turn to hell- murder in the RoB- and the need to make people spawn randomly in the world~ anyhow....)
So the community finally mellowing out a bit.
but~
Only a few factions remain in HnH and a dozen other even smaller groups.

There is a number of factions that are awaiting to jump back into this game that have been dormant for awhile. (goons, CGC, real AD, ect)
And people like myself who only play on and off atm cuz we wanna keep up to date on game mechanics.

Going to separate the players down- just so you can disagree with me.

Hardcores (are very active in forums)
The people who nolife, max need to be first. (jordancoles, LadyGoo, ChildhoodObesity, few others.)

Hermits & wanderers (generally are the older & veteran players of HnH. They will post on the forums but normally only in IoB & C&I)
Generally wanna be left alone and care less for what happens in this world. (if you wish to find this community we'd need LadyV, Amanda44, & Eemerald {Eemerald is sorta like me who runs citys and has a lot of hermit followers})

Neutrals (the largest make up of our community J&L and the moderator team can even confirm this for you)
These guys make towns/city, but don't make ties to groups. they might lurk the forums, but normally never post. A lot of these guys generally hate the forums for how toxic it is

Newbies
Newbies....the new guys

NOW where is all this going~~~likely lost you cuz wall of words...meh

My hole factor to endgame atm is for hardcores to have something to "hardcore" over and fight over. to ignite battle and make hardcore focus on fighting hardcores.
This allows Hermits, wanderers, and neutrals...newbie too...i guess...
to choose their actions of staying wide the hell away from the hardcores, to leach off hardcores or to help the hardcores.
without statcaps you just sit at home building stats forever. with statcaps and buff you seek out ways to improve your buffs.
simple as that.

A system to make groups work together or leave eachother alone. currently only the kingdom system favors group play....
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
User avatar
maze
 
Posts: 2130
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:15 am
Location: Canada

Re: Mazes envisions (end game)

Postby sMartins » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:28 am

maze wrote:My hole factor to endgame atm is for hardcores to have something to "hardcore" over and fight over. to ignite battle and make hardcore focus on fighting hardcores.


I understand your feelings and what you are talking about but i'm pretty sure there is no feature that can accomplish what you are looking for....cause are not computers codings that can provide you that feeling of "fight over", but are humans....you will get used soon or later at every feature you can implement in the game, only real people can create a good story with that "competitive feeling"...and the reasons to "fight over" could be litterally everything in this game, only people can create that in the game, not game features...if you can understand what i'm talking about.
However, maybe, that feeling to "fight over" is easier to find in those games that are designed to be super competitive, it's why i suggested you that game above.
H&H sure could also be a competitive game, but it's not his main/only goal...so it could be more difficult finding a really in depth "competitive side" in a game that is not specialized in that field....in my mind much better playing game specifically designed for that, if it's what you are looking for....H&H is a "create your story" game, or "enjoy your journey" game...and for sure is one of the best, or the best doing that...this is what i think about.
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
User avatar
sMartins
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:21 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Mazes envisions (end game)

Postby maze » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:49 am

sMartins wrote:
maze wrote:My hole factor to endgame atm is for hardcores to have something to "hardcore" over and fight over. to ignite battle and make hardcore focus on fighting hardcores.


I understand your feelings and what you are talking about but i'm pretty sure there is no feature that can accomplish what you are looking for....cause are not computers codings that can provide you that feeling of "fight over", but are humans....you will get used soon or later at every feature you can implement in the game, only real people can create a good story with that "competitive feeling"...and the reasons to "fight over" could be litterally everything in this game, only people can create that in the game, not game features...if you can understand what i'm talking about.
However, maybe, that feeling to "fight over" is easier to find in those games that are designed to be super competitive, it's why i suggested you that game above.
H&H sure could also be a competitive game, but it's not his main/only goal...so it could be more difficult finding a really in depth "competitive side" in a game that is not specialized in that field....in my mind much better playing game specifically designed for that, if it's what you are looking for....H&H is a "create your story" game, or "enjoy your journey" game...and for sure is one of the best, or the best doing that...this is what i think about.


Ladygoo, few other hardcores- and myself already semi came up with what hardcores would fight for.
We all have our own renditions of what our idea would be but it comes down to Relics/monuments.
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=50795
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
User avatar
maze
 
Posts: 2130
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:15 am
Location: Canada

Re: Mazes envisions (end game)

Postby sMartins » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:21 am

Like AoE :D ... it could be fun for sure.
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
User avatar
sMartins
 
Posts: 2296
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:21 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Mazes envisions (end game)

Postby maze » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:45 am

sMartins wrote:Like AoE :D ... it could be fun for sure.

I guess AoE can be one way to put it. but the relic in my version would give buffs.
I'm also one for removal of IP in the kingdom system (to easy to bot for idol buffs & kingdom powers)
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
User avatar
maze
 
Posts: 2130
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:15 am
Location: Canada

Re: Mazes envisions (end game)

Postby APXEOLOG » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:33 am

Hardcores (are very active in forums)

This two facts has no connection. I'd rather say that social players usually has much worse stats then real grinders.
The fact that you divide players into activity groups based on forum posts indicates that you are not good at game design.
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
User avatar
APXEOLOG
 
Posts: 1187
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:58 am
Location: Russia, Saint Petersburg

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests