Botted Stats

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Botted Stats

Postby Kaios » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:17 pm

LadyGoo wrote:P.S. Lol'd at typical Kaios "You (the dev) and your information are wrong (access to the server), because it doesn't fit my fantasy world, where I can excuse myself being useless bc of some botters".

loftar wrote:I have developed, as of quite late, some tools to look at certain data aggregates

He is wrong if he thinks the botting isn't out of hand and I wouldn't be surprised if he bothered to develop such tools due to more of my bitching at them considering loftar should already have been tracking all the big data anyways
Kaios

Postby LadyGoo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:25 pm

J&Lo, look what you've done! Kaios really does believe that bitching is the only way. :D
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

Postby Granger » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:57 pm

LadyGoo wrote:the only people which opinion is relevant are the devs + the brainhub of our people that help me to polish out the ideas.

You just expressed that only you and your group are to have, except Jorb and Loftar, an opinion that is ment to be considered at all - sorry, just lost any interest in what you might have to say.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby LadyGoo » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:02 am

Um, ok?
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

Postby Glorthan » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:39 am

LadyGoo wrote:Do you really want another shitstorm to start? :D As a mod?
On the other hand, the only people [to] which [the] opinion [in question] is relevant are the devs + the brainhub of our people that help me to polish out the ideas [for that opinion].

I think she meant this Granger, given the later reference to "the ideas".

Correct me if i'm wrong LG.
Glorthan

Postby LostJustice » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:59 am

Tbh, there is also a problem in what is considered botting and what draws the line for scripts. Auto path finding, autopick up, auto mine, auto harvest, and ect are scripts as well and do fall under scripts which make up bots. Yes there may be some cheese bots but I doubt even 5% use that serious bots if even 1%, a lot of people simply lack the skills or connections needed to produce clients and scripts to accomplish this (which I understand why a lot of you see this as an unfair advantage).

However, bots do get broken and simply a lot of the best stats are usually not obtained by bots. Take for example a neighbor that lived near me, he simply had three accounts with extremely high stats but he never used a bot. He simply didn't die and continued to play the game as it was meant to be played EVERYDAY and continued to raise crop stats and ect. Bots cannot do everything unless the coder spends countless hours coding a bot instead of playing a game, which to me is counter productive and extremely slow. Now the bots can do tedious work like cutting down trees, eating food when it is hungry, or simple menial tasks but the rest is simply done by the village playing the game, working together, and not dying or crying that someone else has higher stats than they do.

Also for FEP, if you have high quality food and items to begin with and make sure to eat a balanced diet of very specific things as loftar stated then you can obtain high stats extremely quick considering if you have the resources. Like for instance I make a brand new account and grind q400 carrots at the best table possible then within minutes I can have great stats considering if I keep to the diet. I just simply understand the FEP system well, no bots needed here.

And LP can be gained easily by having good quality curious or good types of curious and simply just playing the game. I am not sure what is the difference between a bot putting lp items in it's inventory and a player considering if you have a village that supplies you with decent curious otherwise you guys are not working as a team. (Bots usually fail at foraging due to countless variables and events that could happen during foraging which leads to a dead bot making it extremely ineffective and for crafting curious, literally just craft it. There is no advantage over you crafting it and a bot crafting it. It may in fact be better if a player does this process rather than a bot.) Also, use a study table, it allows you to have your grid autofilled. It super easy and I can assure that is better than any bot if you just use it.

Third, the comment about russians using bots is quite mistaken. I live with a large majority of russians and their kingdom has high level stat players and not a single one of them bots. Shame on you for this comment. Nationality and language has nothing to do with the botting situation at hand because a script can be run on any client regardless of language or nationality.
LostJustice

Postby shubla » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:03 pm

Forcing everyone to use default client is an option. Which makes this kind of stuff harder.
But then again, this does not prevent botting on protocol level and other go arounds.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby LostJustice » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:27 pm

shubla wrote:Forcing everyone to use default client is an option. Which makes this kind of stuff harder.
But then again, this does not prevent botting on protocol level and other go arounds.

This would certainly delay it a world but again there are macro's and ect unless you check to make sure the clicks are not computer generated which is possible.
LostJustice

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:54 pm

shubla wrote:Forcing everyone to use default client is an option. Which makes this kind of stuff harder.

That isn't going to work since it it inevitable that people are going to [easily] find a way to bypass this.

Also as a note that I approve QoL automation such as queued harvesting/planting, destination toggling when deposting byproduct of livestock, etc. But taking it too far will turn Haven and Hearth into an idle game with PvP and Permadeath tacked onto it on the last minute.
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
Patchouli_Knowledge

Postby jorb » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:50 pm

dafels2 wrote: they should make it that it reduces the effectivity the way more you grind the stat, the less effective it gets.

Already the case. Eventually the bots will run the entire IRL world.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas