Hafen's Development: alternative vision

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Hafen's Development: alternative vision

Postby wolf1000wolf » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:23 am

So if we had a method of processing beets/carrots into animal feed at a rate of 1:10, would that help?
wolf1000wolf

Postby wagado » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:25 am

I'm pretty sure it's already the philosophy the devs have adopted ...
And I'm glad they did ;)
(and yes I agree they should push it even more in this direction )
wagado

Postby Granger » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:05 am

Coles, ever thought to stockpile the stuff and use a wheelbarrow to put it into the troughs?
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Kaios » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:16 am

All these suggestions are being given on the basis that more automation in the game would somehow make it easier to compete with the botting factions and pardon me for being so oblivious but how in the fuck would it do that? Did you guys read Apxeolog's post on the very first page? If it's difficult to feed 100 cows, as it should be, what makes you think making it easier to feed them would mean they would have less cows? Or if one cow gave as much milk as 10? Wouldn't it just mean a big faction who fed 100 cows with bots when it was a pain in the ass could feed 200 instead when it's easier?

APXEOLOG wrote:There is a word, efficiency. Google it.
Kaios

Postby jordancoles » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:28 am

Granger wrote:Coles, ever thought to stockpile the stuff and use a wheelbarrow to put it into the troughs?

Well you need to add the extra step of storing and placing the stockpiles, and then loading them into the troughs

An autoclicker can be just as fast at troughing by spamming shift + right click as far as I can tell, and it removes the extra step

Personal preferences I guess
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Granger » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:35 am

jordancoles wrote:An autoclicker can be just as fast at troughing by spamming shift + right click as far as I can tell, and it removes the extra step

So you're responsible for the daily lags...
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby jordancoles » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:13 am

Shift + right clicking a food item should instantly trough all items of that type imo
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby kilakan » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:23 am

yeah, there's definitely a lot of quality of life automation things we could get that I can't imagine would be a hard code to write for them.

My +1:
1.I'd love to see automated farming with water drinking, doesn't even need to replant if it auto-stockpiles on the fields as it goes would be enough for me.
2.Shift-right click into trough like colsie mentions
3.When digging dirt, ability to designate area to form stockpiles of said dirt at as the land is flattened. We can already throw it over massive distances on the same leveling, why not let us auto-stack spare dirt to the side?
4.Maybe some sort of building we can make that adds on to an ore smelter, and dumps more ore in as the old stuff finishes cooking. Could even stockpile metal automatically like said above idea. While it's not a big problem to swing back to base every once in awhile to change the smelters, I know that's something people bot. Same deal would be a coal-funnel that lets you feed in a ton of fuel to steel smelters so you don't need to wake up in the night in a cold sweat panicking if that steel went out :D

Edit:basically, we have the stockpile system and I'd love to see some automated ways to form stockpiles of things while working.... ohh, stockpiling wooden blocks and boards beside you automatically if your inventory overflows would be wonderful as well!
World 2-7:Random Nonsense
World 8: Lawspeaker of R'lyeh
World 9:Lawspeaker of R'lyeh/Tartarus
World 10:Lawspeaker of R'lyeh
kilakan

Postby Fierce_Deity » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:43 am

Automation of some things could come in the form of hearth magic. We could have golems that must be crafted from clay and dreams or something along those lines. Could require metal. The golems could be set to do a certain task and then brought to life with hearth magic. The hearth magic will only give life to the golem however. To actually power it, you have to sacrifice your characters own stamina/energy that would normally be needed for the task. The character that fuels the machine is what the golem would base its stats at the time off of. So if a farmer with 50 points in farming powered the golem, it would also have 50 farming until it runs out of that energy.
Fierce_Deity

Postby LadyGoo » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:16 am

+1 for the minions idea. But it should be a domovoi to fit the hafen setup: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domovoi

It is not enough to just have an automatic drinking. Or to shift+click everything in your inventory. The amount of clicks do decrease, yeah, but it's still the part of the routine. If to automize, it should be at the same level as the custom clients offer: harvest-replant, make stockpiles or trash the stuff into the troughs.
Some people even asked the devs to make the special utility that would let you to record your character's activities and paths, then load them every time you'd like to do something routine/monotonous.
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas