Hafen's Development: alternative vision

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Hafen's Development: alternative vision

Postby Ozzy123 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:01 pm

I agree with APX and LadyGoo here, I think adding stuff like these study tables or even the automatic farmer in the client is a very good way to counter botting, if someone is into roleplaying or stuff like that they can do it manually, but if there is a large ass village that has to milk 100000000000000000 cows to be able to compete on the highest level, make it easier for them with some feature, that way there should be more bigger villages, new faces in PVP and the daily hafen routine won't be that boring, which might increase the playercount.
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby sMartins » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:24 pm

A random Youtube comment about gaming in general, not strictly to H&H:

"I just use my old laptop to run scripts that automatically play games for me XD
so i make progress without the grind and watch youtube videos :P"

These days people don't know how to have fun, even playing a game. It's pretty sad.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby shubla » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:18 pm

I think one fun thing that devs could do is shut down all servers without saying anything. Unregistering domains. Just disappearing.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby NOOBY93 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:21 pm

sMartins wrote:A random Youtube comment about gaming in general, not strictly to H&H:

"I just use my old laptop to run scripts that automatically play games for me XD
so i make progress without the grind and watch youtube videos :P"

These days people don't know how to have fun, even playing a game. It's pretty sad.

bor′ing·ness n.
Synonyms: boring, monotonous, tedious, irksome, tiresome

Farming and grinding are simply monotonous by definition. If you find it fun sure, go ahead, but most people naturally don't find unchallenging, repetitive everyday chores fun, which is why I have to agree with LadyGoo in that the time spent playing the game should not revolve around mindless shit but around the interesting parts of Haven like expansion, politics, projects, etc.

AUTOMATE HAVEN 2017
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby shubla » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:28 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:
AUTOMATE HAVEN 2017

Devs could make current automation further. When you paint area with harvest, you get 2 options. Harverst or replant. If you choose replant it will harvest and plant the crops and drink when needed while on it.
People could still farm in more traditional means if they want to.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:34 pm

shubla wrote:
NOOBY93 wrote:
AUTOMATE HAVEN 2017

Devs could make current automation further. When you paint area with harvest, you get 2 options. Harverst or replant. If you choose replant it will harvest and plant the crops and drink when needed while on it.
People could still farm in more traditional means if they want to.

Harvest/Planting Queue. Wakfu and Rune Factory has that and it worked pretty well.
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
Patchouli_Knowledge

Postby MadNomad » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:47 pm

they could add auto water drinking after harvesting as addition to auto farming and then it should repeat the command from the beggining after harvesting the whole area u wanted to harvest from but work on area next to the one it was used on (or they could increase the total area that can be queued)
MadNomad

Postby jordancoles » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:13 pm

APXEOLOG wrote:Animal feeding should be reworked. When player forced to spend 2 hours of his time to replant farm and feed animals every day, he either uninstall hnh or download bots

Cows eat WAY TOO FUCKING MUCH.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Granger » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:15 pm

jordancoles wrote:
APXEOLOG wrote:Animal feeding should be reworked. When player forced to spend 2 hours of his time to replant farm and feed animals every day, he either uninstall hnh or download bots

Cows eat WAY TOO FUCKING MUCH.

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=52068&hilit=growing+grass
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby jordancoles » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:19 pm

The built-in automated tasks should be looked at some more.
For example, the autoharvester should drink when needed and continue to harvest.

An autominer should be added to the default client using the same shift + highlight function and it should drink as well.

To avoid starvation, the feature should only work when in the orange level of hunger.

Cheese trays should have a "fill all" flower menu option which will unload curd into all opened containers/trays.

The shift + right click pickup option should have support for troughing items...

The list could go on but there are a ton of little tedious things in the game that could easily be reduced (mainly things that involve hundreds of clicks are being botted because honestly I don't feel like buying a new mouse every year)
Last edited by jordancoles on Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas