Hafen's Development: alternative vision

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Hafen's Development: alternative vision

Postby Kaios » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:26 am

Yeah excellent ideas, why don't we take it a step further? I mean, who really wants to play this game at all not me that's for sure it's much more entertaining watching my character progress for me.

Farming is a good first step but mining is pretty boring too so I'd like to see an area selection implemented for that with auto drinking and stockpiling. I'm rather tired of making bricks too so hopefully it can just be changed so a simple shift click will start the process and empty the inventory to any empty nearby kilns or put to stockpiles which are also being loaded in to the kilns automatically. Building the walls is really boring too so once the script is done pulling all the bricks from the kilns it should just move to building which would be easily designated by highlighting the paved rows. Also the paving happens simultaneously during the leveling process which is also automatic. Oh don't forget about milking that shit is lame to do manually like really how do u expect me to milk all 50 of my cows and all 50 of my sheep with only two buckets in a timely fashion?!

Wait I have a better idea how about the devs make a new game maybe the game could even be built around users creating scripts and cute bot armies... kind of like that shitty game someone advertised on the forum already.
Kaios

Postby Pan_w_okularach » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:38 am

bro don't take it so seriously Jorb isn't gonna implement any of that anyways lmao
Memories of pain
Pan_w_okularach

Postby LadyGoo » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:44 am

Yeah excellent ideas, why don't we take it a step further? I mean, who really wants to play this game at all not me that's for sure it's much more entertaining watching my character progress for me.
you are way too narrow-minded to see the bigger picture. Everyone will get the advantage, meaning everyone will upgrade for almost the same level. The competition will remain the same, factions and etc. - same. If you had hearhtlings with 200-300 stats, they will be present with 900 stats with the automatization + be able to compete with larger factions. Have the motivation to play and etc. Meanwhile, the advantage that the botters have will minimise, since you cannot bot beyond a certain level. If there is an auto-harvest, drinking, stockpiling and etc. in the game itself, what can a botter do to take it beyond that? Not that much, I bet. There were flour-making bots in the game, with the mills they aren't needed at all. And the people can actually have flour and do baked goods easier. The difference between the botters and non-botters, in this case, has been erased.

Yet, you have not answered what is the optimal number of clicks one should do? What kind of activities should a person enjoy within 2 hours of daily gameplay (max)?
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

Postby Pan_w_okularach » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:48 am

you can click as many times as you want what kind of question is that lmao
Memories of pain
Pan_w_okularach

Postby Kaios » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:05 am

LadyGoo wrote:you are way too narrow-minded to see the bigger picture.

I see the bigger picture just fine and while it's true SOME things like farming couldn't hurt to be a little less click heavy the point isn't that players can't keep up at a normal rate but instead in order to compete they have to play at the same level or close to that as the big factions do and if a big faction is breeding/milking 100 or more animals because they have the clients and the scripts to maintain that, another player has no choice but to try and do the same thing. Cheese is too powerful to be so easily created in bulk by one group while some people hardly even bother with this aspect of the game at all. Nothing the devs could do to automate more of the game's features will change your nature.

With regards to turning the game in to progress quest in general, nah sounds bad.
Kaios

Postby NotJimmy97 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:28 am

I'll sign this.

My only comment is that I don't think making the players the bots is a good idea. I think it would be far neater to have the helper monsters, like the other guy suggested, who can be summoned cheaply to do work for you.
NotJimmy97

Postby LadyGoo » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:31 am

Maybe they shouldn't be that cheap and require exp to feed/maintain. Requiring some basic stuff like low q leather, fibres, linen and metal would improve the trade scene as well.
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

Postby borka » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:35 am

botting = doping

so if you're into competition you have to be into doping ...

just another argument for a non PVP zone aka no doping zone :P
borka

Postby NotJimmy97 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:36 am

LadyGoo wrote:Maybe they shouldn't be that cheap and require exp to feed/maintain. Requiring some basic stuff like low q leather, fibres, linen and metal would improve the trade scene as well.

That's a good idea, but a careful balance has to be struck. If it's too cheap, you lose out on that interesting trade opportunity and the game becomes less interesting. If it's too expensive, people will just bot.

I think this might actually be a good incentive for players to produce high volumes of low q leather, strings and metal. Nothing else in the game requires large-volume commodities besides houses, so this could be interesting.

borka wrote:botting = doping

so if you're into competition you have to be into doping ...

just another argument for a non PVP zone aka no doping zone :P

Non-PVP is incompatible with the way that H&H works. If you turn off PVP, the opportunities for griefing are pretty much limitless.
NotJimmy97

Postby borka » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:41 am

NotJimmy97 wrote:Non-PVP is incompatible with the way that H&H works. If you turn off PVP, the opportunities for griefing are pretty much limitless.

non PVP zone = no scentable crimes possible in that zone

I don't ask for turning PVP completely off as i never would ask to take fun away for people ... but i ask for a nonPVP zone (which maybe 1/8 of world map max) ...

btw. you're aware i'm playing since W3 ?!?
borka

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas