Wise Old Trees - Gradate Rewards

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Wise Old Trees - Gradate Rewards

Postby Vaku » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:34 am

I'd like that as boulders and trees survive over the months (and years maybe??) that their rewards gradually increase.

Suppose that as a tree hands its first quest it begins a clock, and as the tree ages its rewards increase and scale with the age of the world.

1 week, approx. 200LP

4 weeks, approx. 2000 LP

12 weeks, approx. 15,000 LP

and so on and so forth, until it plateaus in a balanced way.

The longer a tree / boulder lives, the better its reward, but once it's chopped down, its gone and you have to hope there's another to replace it.

This makes it in some ways meaningful to strive to protect some older relics of nature.

Who knows, it might be fun and its a questing mechanic I don't think I've ever seen done.
Image Smell of Arrogance
Vaku

Re: Wise Old Trees - Gradate Rewards

Postby Fierce_Deity » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:51 am

I don't hate this idea, or the idea of having rewards for quest scale based on the world age. Decrease randomness, make it based on world age or quest giver age.
Fierce_Deity

Postby jorb » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:18 pm

We have plans along exactly this line of thought. The quest givers and spirits of the world should very much be, become and grow more differentiated in terms of abilities, personalities, relevance to particular players, &c.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Jackwolf » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:39 pm

Gradually increase them in size too, please?

It would be super cool to find a massive willow or oak, both denoting it as something to marvel at and that it's a quest giver
Beezer12Washingbeard: If poo mechanics were implemented, mercury could cure constipation wounds
magisticus: Most of us avoid making jokes like this because there is always a risk Loftar might think it's a good idea and we all have to re-design our villages for sewerage. -6/29/17
Jackwolf

Return to Critique & Ideas