[UI] Right-click menu for tree stumps

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

[UI] Right-click menu for tree stumps

Postby Beezer12Washingbeard » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:56 am

Add a right-click menu to interact with tree stumps, in addition to Adventure > Destroy. This will make it more intuitive for new players, who I've noticed ask how to get rid of stumps a lot. This would immediately teach the player what they can do with it and what would be needed.

Menu options could be "Destroy" and "Dig." Destroy would prompt for an axe if one isn't equipped, Dig would prompt for a shovel.
Beezer12Washingbeard

Re: [UI] Right-click menu for tree stumps

Postby ninja_yodeler » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:02 am

There always had been an option for "Remove stump" was this taken out at some point?
Phaen wrote:RIP Homicidal Ninja :(
Let us reflect upon the good he was able to do during his short time in the hearthlands.
Let us remind ourselves of his bravery and willingness to fight for the safety of his friends!
Let us hope he can surpass his previous achievements in his future lives.
<3
ninja_yodeler

Postby TheLoli » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:49 am

ninja_yodeler wrote:There always had been an option for "Remove stump" was this taken out at some point?

Can't double check right now since I'm about to head out to work, but I don't recall there ever being any options when you right click a stump since I started playing there towards the end of world 8. Unless it was put in later in world 9 when I wasn't playing so much, then it still probably gives no option when you right click the stump. I had to do a search when I first started to look for a topic regarding getting rid of stumps back in the day.
TheLoli

Postby Iva » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:07 pm

Beezer12Washingbeard wrote:Menu options could be "Destroy" and "Dig."

And "Sit", please. :)
Iva

Postby ninja_yodeler » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:43 pm

TheLoli wrote:
ninja_yodeler wrote:There always had been an option for "Remove stump" was this taken out at some point?

Can't double check right now since I'm about to head out to work, but I don't recall there ever being any options when you right click a stump since I started playing there towards the end of world 8. Unless it was put in later in world 9 when I wasn't playing so much, then it still probably gives no option when you right click the stump. I had to do a search when I first started to look for a topic regarding getting rid of stumps back in the day.

It might have never been added to hafen, I was thinking of W3-W7. I'm 90% sure I'm not imagining that there was an option. Not sure if just overlooked or it was a creative decision.
Phaen wrote:RIP Homicidal Ninja :(
Let us reflect upon the good he was able to do during his short time in the hearthlands.
Let us remind ourselves of his bravery and willingness to fight for the safety of his friends!
Let us hope he can surpass his previous achievements in his future lives.
<3
ninja_yodeler

Postby Tamalak » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:39 pm

Yes, there definitely used to be a "remove stump" option, in old Haven (up to w7). When it was removed in w8 I spent a little while believing that stumps were indestructible.
Tamalak

Postby omocho » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:50 pm

Beezer12Washingbeard wrote:Menu options could be "Destroy" and "Dig." Destroy would prompt for an axe if one isn't equipped, Dig would prompt for a shovel.

Huh...and here I was beating stumps to death with my shovel.
This explains so much.
omocho

Postby jorb » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:27 pm

Not thrilled, but will consider.

Sitting on them should be a thing, though.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Return to Critique & Ideas