More events during crafting/foraging

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

More events during crafting/foraging

Postby jordancoles » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:52 am

I'd like to see little interesting events added to the game through crafting/foraging

Some examples:
-When smithing on an anvil, it could be cool to have a low chance of getting a 'red-hot spark' curio which would be fairly decent

-When cooking meat on a fire, it would be cool to have a small chance to get a "perfectly cooked steak," which would have FEPs comparable to a higher-end sausage. It could potentially stay 'sizzling' forever as well I suppose

Perfectly-baked pies, large fish, perfect mushrooms and other foragables with boosted attributes could follow the same vein

It'd be nice to have more events through regular actions that are decent enough to provide a little dopamine rush from time to time
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Re: More events during crafting/foraging

Postby Necroliter » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:36 pm

+1 for more random effects. I enjoyed Salem randomness with mundane works a lot (coffin planks when making boards, lard when cooking meat, face in the dross, a lot of neat random and rare effects that make you exited, even if for a moment).
Necroliter

Postby Asgaroth22 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:05 pm

Necroliter wrote:+1 for more random effects. I enjoyed Salem randomness with mundane works a lot (coffin planks when making boards, lard when cooking meat, face in the dross, a lot of neat random and rare effects that make you exited, even if for a moment).

Yeah, they made tedious tasks a bit more rewarding in salem, I would like to see that in haven aswell. +1
“The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Douglas Adams

W3-W13 - mostly hermit, with a few brief periods as a crafter/farmer to various villages
Asgaroth22

Postby jorb » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:38 pm

Yes.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Return to Critique & Ideas