Firebrand makes me not want to play the game

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Firebrand makes me not want to play the game

Postby Ysh » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:28 pm

VDZ wrote:
Ysh wrote:
bojackson wrote:Seriously the firebrand mechanic makes me not want to play the game. Several times now I can't get a fire lit after 2-3 tries I just log out. Please fix or make it less annoying. It doesn't add anything to the game except frustration.

If anything it should at least be included in the "convenience time" or whatever for verified and subbed accounts (so it goes faster).

If it at least didn't take so damn long each try I wouldn't mind a fail or 2 once and a while.

Use magic spell to light fire if you are bother so much.

It's 500 XP. For comparison, for just 1500 I can halve the study time on a curio, or for 1000 I can greatly improve my fishing catch rates and get extra fishing speed. At 100 XP I'd gladly do it, but I'm not going to spend 500 XP every time I need to light a fire..

I am not saying I will use this spell. But I am not making thread about how much I hate firebrand either.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby iamahh » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:36 pm

the trick is alt tab and browse the web, split screen with browser, leaving the % visible
iamahh

Postby shubla » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:44 pm

I agree wit hthe title
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby jorb » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:23 pm

Meh. I like the mechanic. Annoying enough to make flint & steel and matches worth it.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Lannovar » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:54 pm

Is there a mechanic to change the Stamina drain?

Between the me that restarted at Hafen and the me now, despite the 140+ CON score, I still have to spend half my Stamina bar to light one, and it doesn't seem to get any faster however good your Survival skill is.

Now I tend to just burn branches in campfire whenever I pass it by to keep it lighted, and hope there's still embers if I log in the morning to check up on stuffs.
Lannovar

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas