Share P-Claim Management

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Share P-Claim Management

Postby Vaku » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:21 am

Share P-Claim (personal claim) Management

I searched for the topic, but didn't find necessarily what I want to spur interest toward....

I would like the option to name additional members as managers of my personal claims.

Say I play with someone I trust well enough to manage permissions on my claim while I'm offline/out of town/etc. I would like for them to be able to kin people, using their their kin list to also check if a person may Trespass/Vandalize/Steal from the claim. In addition, they could use the evict action.

Potential complications I'm wondering about are below:

Is this something that should strictly be relegated to Village Claims with their current systems with Cairn Stones and the village roster?

Is this something that can be scaled to the kin list of two+ players AND work function without too much headache? (I.e., I toggle someone yellow to grant trespassing, but my shared P-claim manager marks the same person Red, denying that ability. Whose kinlist applies when the intent is to allow greater autonomy on a shared p-claim.

Perhaps nothing should change, considering "Personal" is the name of the claim, and the intent is that it's solely an individuals claim, but apart from strictly solo players, this is not how these objects are used. Personal claims are widely used to shelter possessions for a group of players, and are more akin to Kith & Kin claims, than just for one's self.

As I'm writing this, I'm thinking, like villages have a Village Roster, perhaps Personal Claims should have a Kith roster, accessible by right-clicking the Bond of Blood & Soil (or more UI friendly way), that basically works similar enough to a village??? But again, this seems to clash with the function that villages offer that P-claims don't and how both structures are actually used during play.

There's more to say on this topic, but I think that's enough to get the discussion rolling.
Image Smell of Arrogance
Vaku

Re: Share P-Claim Management

Postby Fierce_Deity » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:28 am

Village claims exist for a reason. This would defeat the point of having them for a lot of people.
Fierce_Deity

Postby Granger » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:17 am

Fierce_Deity wrote:Village claims exist for a reason.

This.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Vaku » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:27 pm

Granger wrote:
Fierce_Deity wrote:Village claims exist for a reason.

This.

I think you're both right, to the extent that this would compromise one angle that Village Claims presently serve (but I have to say, it's not an angle currently unique to V-claims)—I know I wrote as much. The more poignant issue is that there is too little distinction between the functions of P-Claims and V-Claims.

For a lot of people, as Fierce Deity says, this would defeat the point of villages, because as people use villages now is to share a household. "This is the kitchen, this is the workshop, and this is my room and that is yours." This is exact same for any one person who claims an area of 101x101: "This is the kitchen, this is the workshop, and this is my room and that is yours."

"For a lot of people," as Deity says, it would serve to rethink the role P-Claims and the roles V-Claims actually serve.

My present issue is that I would like a partner in my household, because as of now, I'm playing with people I trust thoroughly to invite people onto my own personal claims, who are themselves online when I am not.

I think there is a wealth of critique that can be mined on this topic of Personal, Village, and Kingdom management, as I'm sure many of you have thoughts on their shortcomings and where they're strong in purpose and function. For now, I think it's appropriate to focus on the relation P-Claims have on other claims, where they can be improved with respect to how they're actually used in gameplay vs their intent.
Image Smell of Arrogance
Vaku

Postby jorb » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:47 pm

Get a village, indeed.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Return to Critique & Ideas