Let's start to Fix some Exploits

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Let's start to Fix some Exploits

Postby sMartins » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:44 am

-Boats move on 3th speed over shallow water and 4th over deep water, knarrs even slower on shallow water.
-All animals when already in combat have an "upset" status that allow them to switch target based on proximity and if they have or not clear path to the target.
-For the cave in&out thing, when you switch from pocket worlds/caves, etc.. to real world you always go out of combat and the animals will wander away from the enter/exit proximity, they will never stop close by.
-In general for all animals, not having clear path to reach you will cause them to flee/wander away.( I know pathfinding is a bitch for developing)

Idk if they are all viable options, and probably we need more also....but I believe not bad to start with. Cheers :D
Last edited by sMartins on Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Re: Let's start to Fix some Exploits

Postby Granger » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:53 am

When talking about exploits:

Animal corpses, when killed on water, instantly drown.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby NOOBY93 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:57 am

These ideas are so bad, people use boat hunting for a reason - because there's not an actual hunting system implemented in this game. If you fight an animal on land 1v1 manfight it's going to run away, if you hunt with a bow/sling on land it's going to kill you or run away, etc. Let's not try to fix these "exploits" but implement a HUNTING SYSTEM, the exploits would just stop being used once an actual system is in the game.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby sMartins » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:08 am

Granger wrote:When talking about exploits:
Animal corpses, when killed on water, instantly drown.

Not bad idea, also.
NOOBY93 wrote:These ideas are so bad, people use boat hunting for a reason - because there's not an actual hunting system implemented in this game. If you fight an animal on land 1v1 manfight it's going to run away, if you hunt with a bow/sling on land it's going to kill you or run away, etc. Let's not try to fix these "exploits" but implement a HUNTING SYSTEM, the exploits would just stop being used once an actual system is in the game.

I would like to see a persistence hunting system like UnReal World, with tracking and stealth mechanics....btw i doubt we'll see changes to hunting anytime soon.
Btw what you are saying it's not true, without exploits people will be forced to cooperate with neighbours to hunt, or using ranged weapons or hunting only animals they can hunt at their level.
Do you think it's normal that people kill mammoth the first week? These changes are required to have an healthy progression for the game.

P.S. Btw i'm agree if they are already working on a hunting overhaul....to not waste time trying to fix this one.
sMartins

Postby NOOBY93 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:55 am

Pls no, not a hunting system like in UnReal World

Let's not turn this game into UnReal World multiplayer. There needs to be a hunting system that the majority of players would enjoy - not overly realistic unfitting shit like URW and not completely meaningless non-system like boat hunting.

I think it's completely fine that after over a week of intense gameplay, a top group(s) of 20+ players kills mammoths, yes. You don't balance natural progression around hardcore players who use bots and spend every waking moment making alts and doing everything super efficiently, you balance it around the average player, who, believe it or not, has not killed a mammoth yet.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby loskierek » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:02 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:Pls no, not a hunting system like in UnReal World

Let's not turn this game into UnReal World multiplayer. There needs to be a hunting system that the majority of players would enjoy - not overly realistic unfitting shit like URW and not completely meaningless non-system like boat hunting.

I think it's completely fine that after over a week of intense gameplay, a top group(s) of 20+ players kills mammoths, yes. You don't balance natural progression around hardcore players who use bots and spend every waking moment making alts and doing everything super efficiently, you balance it around the average player, who, believe it or not, has not killed a mammoth yet.

there should be a minimum skill level (UA or MM ) required to actually hit some type of animal, to prevent swarming of naked alts trying to kill a strong animal or using boat hunting en masse or other exploits. Or make it str dependant, can you imagine a character that just spawned and cant mine throu most tiles in cave because he lacks strenght piercing thick bear hide with a basic stone axe? Thats what i call exploit when on week one even the most extreme of them all manage to kill something that was unkillable for most on w9 :V
loskierek

Postby Potjeh » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:13 pm

Exploits need to stay for now because legit hunting is impossible (except boars).
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby sMartins » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:40 pm

Not saying exactly the same hunting system of URW, just saying it's a good inspiration. Something in between could be nice, not so hardcore but something more funny.
I don't know any better hunting system than URW one in videogames.
sMartins

Postby azrid » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:19 pm

Okay if you implement all those people will just use cliffs to hunt.
NOOBY93 wrote:implement a HUNTING SYSTEM

This. There should be options to hunt that don't cost you a leg and an arm before all options to hunt are taken away.
People have mentioned trapping before and I think it could be one of the solutions.
azrid

Postby sMartins » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:30 pm

Yeah trapping would be cool also.
sMartins

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas