A few things coming from world start.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

A few things coming from world start.

Postby cyrus9586 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:46 am

So since world restart and becoming a spruce cap again I have seen a couple of things that kind of bug me. Things we might be able to fix.

1. Concussion is a day breaker. Well it can be. I got stuck while trying to pin a moose in and it got me once. Tried again it got me again. Tried to leave and a badger got me on the walk home. 56 hour concussion. Its cool cold compress it...Oh wait cloth... Wool cloth will work but after a few days trying I have 1 yarn and 1 wool. Some other injuries still need more time to heal as well. And since a bear decided to agro me from way out of his normal agro range I have yet again a 44 hour concussion.
Can we use snowballs or something as a cold compress? How about they heal faster if were in the snow period? Or how about a new Hearth Magic for trading XP for healing? That could save some noobs some headaches right there. 2-4K XP to heal a 3 day concussion would be nice.

2. Moors. I have had to build far too many boats when I started cause someone really like mine. Or was just being rude. Can we build a moor post and have it act like a branding iron does for livestock? Or just moor+rope it? I know I can just spread my claim to cover the water or now drag my boat in but think about the advise we give noobs. Build far enough in you cant be seen from the rivers. Thats a slow walk with a boat and no strength. And without the need to spread claim to the water there less of a reason to claim rivers and impede traffic. Just make the moor a place and remove item so that the boat will be safe while we run in to grab stuff and come back. Make it last only 24 hours or 4 uses and i think it would be cool. That way no one can make a wall of boats moored in and stop people from swimming across.

3. I still like my condiment idea I've posted about before.
Former proud Owner of Hoo Cudda De Cheese Factory W9.
Mad God of New Sheoth W14
CHEESE FOR EVERYONE!
cyrus9586

Re: A few things coming from world start.

Postby Asgaroth22 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:12 pm

1. Concussion is especially devastating on new chars, but then you don't lose much by making a new one. And more developed chars isually have access to healing. I think its in a good spot.

2. I always build a road to the closest river system. Roads are easy to make early on and will save you a lot of walking with the boat.
“The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

Douglas Adams

W3-W13 - mostly hermit, with a few brief periods as a crafter/farmer to various villages
Asgaroth22

Postby loskierek » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:40 pm

2. milestone is just 40 taproots you know.
loskierek

Postby Hrenli » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:14 pm

Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby Tamalak » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:32 pm

So you decided to try something ridiculously dangerous and made a mistake, and now you don't want the downside. How about being afraid of animals you're supposed to be afraid of?
Tamalak

Postby jorb » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:44 pm

Life should be a little rough in the beginning, no?

I don't hate a boat mooring of some sort.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Return to Critique & Ideas