Labor alts~ Shadow clones

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Labor alts~ Shadow clones

Postby maze » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:04 pm

the shadow clones would just act like alts, no dout about that.
It would make alt play for labor a little more easyer.

but the biggest idea out of this would be for farming.
what yes. would help large factions micro manage their farming easier.

Ysh wrote:It would allow people who have philosophy issue with alt to play more optimally. That is maybe something. I think maybe just allow to toggle hunger/FEPs from eating on and off is easier solutions though.

That's a nice way to put it "philosophy issue with alt to play".
The problem with toggling hunger/fep off is when you go to raid someone.
that's why I stated shadow clones should not be allowed to do combat.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby maze » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:07 pm

Kaios wrote:
stya wrote:Yeah I guess my alts would make shadow clones and be happy with it :)
It's just about having free-temporary-disposable alts shadow clones. Just spawn one, drown him :)

But the whole point of implementing wilderness beacons was to slow down alt creation wasn't it? Is it really that hard to spawn alts now? And what about the implications that these copies of players can perform real in-game actions that impact the world. Sure it might be something as small as chopping a tree but you're out chopping that tree on a "character" that is taking absolutely zero risk and losing nothing in terms of energy or loss of FEP gain from being forced to eat crap food. Maybe you'll be out chopping someone else's trees and there's nothing they can do about it, maybe you'll be destroying their shit.

TO prevent super army and never leaving your base
-Shadow clones would have a time limit (2hours) & range from how far they can be from the original fire (11x11).

TO prevent body blocking and exploiting
-Shadow clones would die from any dmg taken and can not output damage themselfs.

Maybe also have it so that shadow clones can be attacked by anyone without having to leave a scent.
and that the shadow clones can be destroyed all at once if someone destroys the item on your fire, and again would leave no scents.
Last edited by maze on Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
game ideas
maze

Postby Kaios » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:10 pm

It's still zero investment alts with ability to break things and do stuff. There is a reason why wilderness beacons are annoying to make and u want it to be easier to make these things??
Kaios

Postby loskierek » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:15 pm

Kaios wrote:It's still zero investment alts with ability to break things and do stuff. There is a reason why wilderness beacons are annoying to make and u want it to be easier to make these things??

wilderness beacons are easy as all hell to make o.0 take 2 min to build one
loskierek

Postby Aceb » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:17 pm

Not everyone uses alts. Just people who think are smart do. It is not a game mechanic.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby maze » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:19 pm

Kaios wrote:It's still zero investment alts with ability to break things and do stuff. There is a reason why wilderness beacons are annoying to make and u want it to be easier to make these things??

I mean. you can already making "wilderness beacons" with basically no effort.
Alts don't need food.
make an alt. makes another wilderness beacons with alt.
and soon you have 20 alts in no time.
and then you cut down a forest in less then an hour
(legit what I did last night)
then all these alts just die and get refreshed in 8 hours.

If you're afraid they would be used to break things. then maybe they shadow not be allowed to "destory".
Since, I can see a way that can be exploited....but not really as bad since the shadow clones would die in 1 hit.
And it would not be easier. it would be relevantly the same to create these things as it would be a wilderness beacon.
game ideas
maze

Postby maze » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:24 pm

Aceb wrote:Not everyone uses alts. Just people who think are smart do. It is not a game mechanic.

What ever a gaming community does, ends up becoming a game mechanic.
It's then up to the dev's to
    A)Prevent the game mechanic
    B)Ignore the game mechanic
    C)work with the game mechanic
    D)Build a system to enhance a better kind of game play to make game mechanic irreverent.
game ideas
maze

Postby Kaios » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:45 pm

loskierek wrote:wilderness beacons are easy as all hell to make o.0 take 2 min to build one

Ya but you can't inherit the alt for 8 hours so if you kill the alt you need another beacon and another and another and that's when they become annoying to make, doesn't sound like the same scenario for shadow things.

Aceb wrote:Not everyone uses alts. Just people who think are smart do. It is not a game mechanic.

You're right not everyone does but what does being smart or not have to do with it? If I want a good fighter character but I also need a good mining character it only seems logical that I would have two characters to specialize rather than split my LP on one character.

maze wrote:I mean. you can already making "wilderness beacons" with basically no effort.
Alts don't need food.
make an alt. makes another wilderness beacons with alt.
and soon you have 20 alts in no time.
and then you cut down a forest in less then an hour
(legit what I did last night)
then all these alts just die and get refreshed in 8 hours.

I certainly don't think the current situation is ideal but I see no major differences between that scenario and the one you're proposing except that the alts you're suggesting don't need to be fed. Sounds like easy mode.
Kaios

Postby Ysh » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:49 pm

Kaios wrote:
Ysh wrote:It would allow people who have philosophy issue with alt to play more optimally. That is maybe something. I think maybe just allow to toggle hunger/FEPs from eating on and off is easier solutions though.

In my opinion these actions should just not be so energy intensive OR water quality should actually play a role again in stamina regeneration so that I'm not completely fucking my character up every time I have to chop trees or level land.

Level land and chop tree is definite massive hassle. It is a little tricky though. Any solution to make more easy must be attainable in early game, since early game is when you will clear most lands I think. But it must not be so easy that people find it trivial to clear forest or dig outside of base for griefing.

maze wrote:The problem with toggling hunger/fep off is when you go to raid someone.

What is problem here?
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Hrenli » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:15 pm

maze wrote:And it would not be easier. it would be relevantly the same to create these things as it would be a wilderness beacon.

Then why would they waste the development time on that if it's the same as what we already have?
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas