Labor alts~ Shadow clones

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Labor alts~ Shadow clones

Postby maze » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:25 pm

Hrenli wrote:
maze wrote:And it would not be easier. it would be relevantly the same to create these things as it would be a wilderness beacon.

Then why would they waste the development time on that if it's the same as what we already have?

Farming is my main point here.
Also the more clients connected the more lag. (it's not a current issues until steam release)
farming- it's the biggest hassle in our lives. you'll see a few threads pop up in the next few weeks. trust me.

Kaios wrote:Ya but you can't inherit the alt for 8 hours so if you kill the alt you need another beacon and another and another and that's when they become annoying to make, doesn't sound like the same scenario for shadow things.

I keep saying. the shadow clones should be as hard as to make as alts. if not a little bit easier namely cuz you don't have to have to go thought the "is it a boi or a grill" process.

Kaios wrote:I certainly don't think the current situation is ideal but I see no major differences between that scenario and the one you're proposing except that the alts you're suggesting don't need to be fed. Sounds like easy mode.

Alts don't need to be fed. I don't understand what you are trying to point out.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby Kaios » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:44 pm

maze wrote:Alts don't need to be fed. I don't understand what you are trying to point out.

Alts for tree chopping don't but they do need to be above 5k for land leveling or mining. You also mentioned they would have same stats as creator so all that does is allow me to create real alts with different stats, for example a miner, copy my miner and go mining without ever having to worry about my hunger. Or cave-ins for that matter.
Kaios

Postby maze » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:19 pm

Kaios wrote:
maze wrote:Alts don't need to be fed. I don't understand what you are trying to point out.

Alts for tree chopping don't but they do need to be above 5k for land leveling or mining. You also mentioned they would have same stats as creator so all that does is allow me to create real alts with different stats, for example a miner, copy my miner and go mining without ever having to worry about my hunger. Or cave-ins for that matter.

I guess that makes sense.

I guess it really "what should the shadow clones not be able to do"
if the idea was to be put to use.
game ideas
maze

Postby Aceb » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:04 pm

@Kaios

I was talking more about making new accounts to make new alts. Having 3 characters on one account is nothing I will complain about, because it is what we can do. I mean that spam alts with X new accounts is not smart. (having 3 characters on one account with different profession is smart - that's true.)

@maze
What ever a gaming community does, ends up becoming a game mechanic.
It's then up to the dev's to
A)Prevent the game mechanic
B)Ignore the game mechanic
C)work with the game mechanic
D)Build a system to enhance a better kind of game play to make game mechanic irreverent.

Whatever gaming community doesn't mean, the community does it right.

A) Sure, let's make B2P. Once more, multiaccounts are not a game mechanic.
B) Making new account is not a game mechanic but rather abuse of account management.
C) We have possibility to store 3 characters on our account. If J&L wanted us to be able to login into multiple characters, multi-accounting wouldn't exist.
D) I'm open to listen to your ideas.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby maze » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:03 pm

Aceb wrote:Whatever gaming community doesn't mean, the community does it right.

A) Sure, let's make B2P. Once more, multiaccounts are not a game mechanic.
B) Making new account is not a game mechanic but rather abuse of account management.
C) We have possibility to store 3 characters on our account. If J&L wanted us to be able to login into multiple characters, multi-accounting wouldn't exist.
D) I'm open to listen to your ideas.

The problem is J&L cant stop how a gaming community acts unless they have proper functions and mechanics in place.
As such as myself.

A) my alt accounts have Vert&Sub. Multiaccount. preventing never works truly.
B) It still should not be ignored

C) At the time J&L didn't think about the idea of alting in bots till it make its ugly face onto the forums.
A lot of game mechanics are made trying to work around botting. thats why J&L put such instant punishing things into the game to defend agenist bots.
whats not been bad. but has slowed progression and ideas down WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to much.
if we have to work around Alts to. then game progression might as well stop. Since almost anything is relevant in the use of a alt or labor alt.

D) Shadow clones is my reroute to the problem.
game ideas
maze

Postby NotJimmy97 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:11 am

loskierek wrote:There are already villages where you can find people with skills you do not possess if you want to progress faster, why do you need alts then?

Those villages exist because of alts tho...
NotJimmy97

Postby jorb » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:52 pm

Embracing botting is a thought that is not entirely without merit.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby vatas » Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:47 am

Since this topic is now in the "new posts" due to bot necro, I'll just mention that the new "gain energy without hunger or FEPs" -change has greatly reduced the need for labour alts.

You may still want to outsource activities, that require going outside, to another character than your main. However, this means that now you could easily do with one alt for outside activities sine you can refill Energy without wrecking the hunger bar, so you can also raise some Attributes on said character.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby The_Blode » Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:23 pm

vatas wrote:Since this topic is now in the "new posts" due to bot necro, I'll just mention that the new "gain energy without hunger or FEPs" -change has greatly reduced the need for labour alts.

You may still want to outsource activities, that require going outside, to another character than your main. However, this means that now you could easily do with one alt for outside activities sine you can refill Energy without wrecking the hunger bar, so you can also raise some Attributes on said character.

I used to cringe at my almost full hunger bar in previous worlds. My first step was always to level out some big chunk of land or what have you, and that inevitably resulted in random stat gains and hunger being filled before i can even think of cooking specific stuff. I haven't even seen my hunger bar move this world yet.
I genuinely feel, for the first time in ages, like I have some solid control over my stat gains as a purely solo character player. Eating the 'wrong' kind of food actually is an accident for me now rather than a necessity.
The_Blode

Postby Maria465 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:17 am

Labor alts, like shadow clones, multiply productivity. A workforce employing diverse talents mirrors the versatility of shadow clones. Collaboration becomes the jutsu for success in any endeavor
Maria465

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas