Labor alts~ Shadow clones

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Labor alts~ Shadow clones

Postby maze » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:33 pm

loskierek wrote:this game does not NEED alts, its try-hards who want to get to as high possible q as possibly by using army of them that make it a thing, I dont mind slowly building up all my skills as a hermit, of course there is no chance I will ever get to q300 steel or q200 trees, but tbh do i need that stuff? There are already villages where you can find people with skills you do not possess if you want to progress faster, why do you need alts then?
Hrenli wrote:
maze wrote:the better solution is to ask "why do these people alt"
does "my game need alting?"

if yes then ideally you should make a system to touch on the matter.

Or maybe change the game mechanics instead so alts aren't "needed"? At least if we use the word "ideally". Finding something which is probably not good and making it easier to be played in a not good way doesn't sound ideal to me...

maze wrote:Shadow clones would be ideally used for small task around the farm, cutting tree's, leveling dirt, and w/e more

ideal to use an alt to just cut a tree regardless who it's "try hard" or not.
Stomping ground or doing small task.
Having 2 accounts or more. have these alts run around do small task for you.

It all comes down to time and knowing you are fking your main up for cutting down even one tree.
I'm sorry if it makes me try hard for having alts. BUT i know im wasting time when I cuz a tree down with my main.
so I much rather a system and benfits everyone and farmers.
Farmers have cryed for years on how long it takes to farm. if they were able to make Shadow clones. that crying would suddenly stop.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby Kaios » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:39 pm

loskierek wrote:if you decide to be a hermit then be a hermit not a 1 man village with 10 alts o.0

It just depends on your play style. What about a village of 10 and they are all using alts? What about a village of 50 and they are all using alts? Most players want a reliable fighter character but they don't always want to waste LP on other stuff so they'll create an alt for the fighter and I'm under the impression a lot of players go for the mining alt too. Of course, alt abuse is much more extreme for some than it is others but I find it hard to believe that majority of players these days don't have at least two characters.
Kaios

Postby Hrenli » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:39 pm

Well, it's all about perspective. I don't create alts to cut a tree, even though I understand why would people do that. I am not here to win, I am here to play for fun. And I don't want devs time to be spent on something which would encourage/make it easier to play alts. Let them better develop something more interesting and reasonable.

Minimaxers already use alts no matter what, so they don't need that feature either.
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby Kaios » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:42 pm

Hrenli wrote:Minmaxers already use alts no matter what, so they don't need that feature either.

Well the other dude's earlier suggestion was to join a bigger village because they have skills that you don't:

loskierek wrote:There are already villages where you can find people with skills you do not possess if you want to progress faster, why do you need alts then?

But that's not a very relevant suggestion considering almost all big villages use alts.
Kaios

Postby Ysh » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:43 pm

loskierek wrote:
Ysh wrote:
loskierek wrote:There are already villages where you can find people with skills you do not possess if you want to progress faster, why do you need alts then?

Why do I need job for money if I can beg for it in streets? Some people do not like to be beholden to the other men needlessly.

if you decide to be a hermit then be a hermit not a 1 man village with 10 alts o.0

Why?
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Hrenli » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:44 pm

Kaios wrote:But that's not a very relevant suggestion considering almost all big villages use alts.

So, again, why would we need these shadow dudes from OP? :)
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby Kaios » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:45 pm

Hrenli wrote:So, again, why would we need these shadow dudes from OP? :)

We don't but my guess is he thinks it would help the average player compete with botting factions but it wouldn't it would just help them more and the casual player's position in the world wouldn't change in the slightest.
Kaios

Postby stya » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:50 pm

Kaios wrote:

We don't but my guess is he thinks it would help the average player compete with botting factions but it wouldn't it would just help them more and the casual player's position in the world wouldn't change in the slightest.

Yeah I guess my alts would make shadow clones and be happy with it :)
It's just about having free-temporary-disposable alts shadow clones. Just spawn one, drown him :)
stya

Postby Ysh » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:51 pm

Kaios wrote:

It would allow people who have philosophy issue with alt to play more optimally. That is maybe something. I think maybe just allow to toggle hunger/FEPs from eating on and off is easier solutions though.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Kaios » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:00 pm

stya wrote:Yeah I guess my alts would make shadow clones and be happy with it :)
It's just about having free-temporary-disposable alts shadow clones. Just spawn one, drown him :)

But the whole point of implementing wilderness beacons was to slow down alt creation wasn't it? Is it really that hard to spawn alts now? And what about the implications that these copies of players can perform real in-game actions that impact the world. Sure it might be something as small as chopping a tree but you're out chopping that tree on a "character" that is taking absolutely zero risk and losing nothing in terms of energy or loss of FEP gain from being forced to eat crap food. Maybe you'll be out chopping someone else's trees and there's nothing they can do about it, maybe you'll be destroying their shit.

Ysh wrote:It would allow people who have philosophy issue with alt to play more optimally. That is maybe something. I think maybe just allow to toggle hunger/FEPs from eating on and off is easier solutions though.

In my opinion these actions should just not be so energy intensive OR water quality should actually play a role again in stamina regeneration so that I'm not completely fucking my character up every time I have to chop trees or level land.
Kaios

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas