Nidbane nerf

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Nidbane nerf

Postby NOOBY93 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:33 pm

Ysh wrote:What did jorb think of this kind of idea?

He didn't respond after I sent that idea, probably just as a "nice" way to say no. Didn't give an explanation as to why, though
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby dageir » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:34 pm

It seems like they have made a mechanism to discourage murdering people willy nilly. Probably it is to try to keep people playing the game.
dageir

Postby NOOBY93 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:36 pm

Killing people willy nilly should be a choice though. Scents (get tracked and killed), red handed (get stuck around crime scene) and outlaw (can't use charter stones, can't log off) are already there to severely punish people who kill willy nilly. Nidbanes are just salt on the wound.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby dageir » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:39 pm

I agree that the nidbane mechanic seems a bit constructed and maybe even overpowered.
But what is the alternative? To let every socipath live out his dreams in game and make every paying or non-paying customer leave?
dageir

Postby Beezer12Washingbeard » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:39 pm

Maybe one could summon different types and varying strengths of nidbanes.

A type of nidbane that steals stats (temporarily, long duration) like an above poster suggested.
A nidbane that attacks and destroys the offender's pclaim.
An unkillable nidbane that doesn't ever kill the offender, but follows them around for a while and occasionally attacks the offender and hits them for a bit before going back to just haunting them.
A nidbane that merely follows the offender holding a sign with the crime they're guilty of, warning any players who come across them what they've done.
A haunting nidbane that draws animals in a large radius to automatically aggro the offender.

These are just off the top of my head, not meant to be serious suggestions but some ideas of different directions we could go in while also keeping the basic "kill offender" nidbane.

And nidbanes aren't OP. Can't do the time, don't do the crime.
Last edited by Beezer12Washingbeard on Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beezer12Washingbeard

Postby loskierek » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:40 pm

Imagine you break into someones claim, you slaughter them and take their stuff and you only get off with a slight stats debuff. Literally 99% of people would turn into raiders... the other 1% are those who are yet to begin and wouldnt even get to claim before getting rekt for the heck of it, you kill someone, be ready for consequences.
loskierek

Postby Potjeh » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:41 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:Scents (get tracked and killed)

LMFAO. If this actually happened to you you need to learn to alt & hearth vault.

IMO the way to go here is to just make nidbanes less spammable. I'd go with making it so only one nidbane can be sent per scent. So murderers can't abuse it by sending a shit q one against themselves, only the victim (descendant in case of murder) should be able to send this single nidbane (somebody else can still craft the fetter, though).
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby loskierek » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:43 pm

Beezer12Washingbeard wrote:Maybe one could summon different types and varying strengths of nidbanes.

A type of nidbane that steals stats (temporarily, long duration) like an above poster suggested.
A nidbane that attacks and destroys the offender's pclaim.
An unkillable nidbane that doesn't ever kill the offender, but follows them around for a while and occasionally attacks the offender and hits them for a bit before going back to just haunting them.
A nidbane that merely follows the offender holding a sign with the crime they're guilty of, warning any players who come across them what they've done.
A haunting nidbane that draws animals in a large radius to automatically aggro the offender.

These are just off the top of my head, not meant to be serious suggestions but some ideas of different directions we could go in while also keeping the basic "kill offender" nidbane.

And nidbanes aren't OP. Can't do the time, don't do the crime.

I like this idea - nidbane for trespassing scent, anyone can enter your pclaim without leaving scents.
nidbane for vandalism scent, people can hand bash anything which is within your pclaim
nidbane for murden, you have to fight for your life
nidbane for theft, stats reduction.
OR if you think it was alt you can just send an average combat nidbane
loskierek

Postby Potjeh » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:46 pm

If we're gonna go all fancy, how about a nidbane that breaks your hearth and teleports you to a random spot in the world?
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby loskierek » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:49 pm

Potjeh wrote:If we're gonna go all fancy, how about a nidbane that breaks your hearth and teleports you to a random spot in the world?

or a timeout, you get teleported to L6 cave where you have to wait for a week ingame - hunger bar is not being reduced for the duration of your stay there.
loskierek

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas