Nidbane nerf

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Nidbane nerf

Postby Potjeh » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:50 pm

Nah, idea here is that the people who sent the nidbane try to track down the criminal before he makes it back to his hearth vault. Of course people would spam the shit out of this so it wouldn't actually work as intended, but it's an interesting concept.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby NOOBY93 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:02 pm

Potjeh wrote:
NOOBY93 wrote:Scents (get tracked and killed)

LMFAO. If this actually happened to you you need to learn to alt & hearth vault.

IMO the way to go here is to just make nidbanes less spammable. I'd go with making it so only one nidbane can be sent per scent. So murderers can't abuse it by sending a shit q one against themselves, only the victim (descendant in case of murder) should be able to send this single nidbane (somebody else can still craft the fetter, though).

this doesn't solve the problem at all lmao. Only the victim can send the nidbane? Why?

Only one nidbane per scent = they can't kill.

The problem is that nidbanes are either OP or useless and their mechanics need to be completely changed before they're actually proper again.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
NOOBY93

Postby Potjeh » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:04 pm

Well the idea is that you have to think about how many scents you're leaving. If you're careful they can't nidbane kill you, but if you go on a rampage you're a dead man.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Aceb » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:35 pm

1. Make that if someone steal from You and leave ton shitload of scents, You can send like... 1 nidbane for every 10thief scents?
2. Only 1 nidbanee for every murder/assualt scent?
3. Reduce the highly numbers of nidorans but make them a bit stronger...? (or atleast only one from murder and a little bit thief one after reducing numbers )

While I like the idea of "stealing % stats" from someone, it is really bad, unless capped at some point, because I can see already few players using that to gain huge advantage in PvP against other players or be able to hunt bigger animals.

Reducing numbers of nids but increasing their power a little.

make nidbanes destroy HF of outlaw and teleport him to altar, kappa
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Ysh » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:38 pm

Aceb wrote:3. Reduce the highly numbers of nidorans but make them a bit stronger...?

You mean like nidoking?
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby shubla » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:39 pm

Aceb wrote:2. Only 1 nidbanee for every murder/assualt scent?

Its already like this
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Aceb » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:44 pm

shubla wrote:
Aceb wrote:2. Only 1 nidbanee for every murder/assualt scent?

Its already like this

Oh... That's good to know cuz sometimes people make impression like there's a shit ton load of them and it is impossible to handle it but... well if someone is a serial murderer in short time then, it shouldn't be easy to defend himself from nidos...?

Ysh wrote:
Aceb wrote:3. Reduce the highly numbers of nidorans but make them a bit stronger...?

You mean like nidoking?

Next update: Moon stone introduction
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby spawningmink » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:55 pm

Leafstab wrote:
spawningmink wrote:Nidbanes are extremely broken making leaving scents a suicide mission. Im sure everyone who has had to fight them agrees with me, i think it should be one nidbane sent at a time max and remove armor pen

Nidbanes are too weak vs anyone with a friend or group can easily take out a nidbane, without the ability to send multiples it makes nidbanes no risk to any group

this is not true at all, if you attack a nidbane wiht friends they will all aggro you
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby bladeking230 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:09 pm

Don't nerf them. That's the whole point of doing a crime. You get rekt by a demon.. if you trespass, Death. If you steal, death. You know it's good as a way to stop people doing crimes u less they have high enough levels to fend the demon off. So no to nerf.
bladeking230

Postby Granger » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:39 pm

Bad ideas here:
- 'stealing' stats since this would just lead to mass-sacrificing alts to get the gains
- 'only one' and the offender would simply pick his own scent after the bad deed and use a low-developed alt to send a low quality, easily defeatable, one
- 'only the victim' is bad as this would give even more incentive to the strategy of scorched earth (destroy all HFs on a raid so they can't

IMHO stuff to think about would be:
- if they shouldn't be attackable by anyone else but their victim (as they're fricking ghosts)
- if, in case others should still be able to attack them, they should buff up according to the character(s) they're in combat with, so simply coming with a better character (or a group of them) wouldn't be an easy solution to them anymore
- removing quality aspects of dolmen and fetter as these reduce the effectiveness for lower developed (or just inherited hermit) characters
- mechanics that allow to avenge crimes without comitting some yourself when having scent(s) of the one you act against
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas