Nidbane nerf

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Nidbane nerf

Postby MadNomad » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:59 am

if you take care of em properly, they aren't really as terrible, but maybe they shouldn't kill and just give some special stronger concussion when they win.
MadNomad

Postby Ozzy123 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:03 am

MadNomad wrote:if you take care of em properly, they aren't really as terrible, but maybe they shouldn't kill and just give some special stronger concussion when they win.

Im being 100% serious like never before on this forum, it is simply IMPOSSIBLE to not die to 5murder nidbanes. IMPOSSIBLE. If you prove me wrong ill pay subtokens

I'd say make the metal etc cap the quality of nidbanes harder so that q10 nidbane is easy for someone with 100ish stats even if its murder+buffed. Or make nidbanes attacks cost IP aswell so they arent able to do a 60 opening red hit before you get coins for red defence.. Make them not ignore armor, make all openings dissapear after killing a nidbane. All that I mentioned will make them balanced but they will still damage or kill uncareful criminals
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby MadNomad » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:21 am

Ozzy123 wrote:If you prove me wrong ill pay subtokens

Do you think i would really do it?
MadNomad

Postby Nek » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:26 am

I agree, fuck Nidbanes. Once more than one are on you, things get complicated fast, especially if they've been empowered which isn't hard to do considering quests give an abundance of exp.
I legit hope that they get changed, and I would prefer if that change didn't take half a year to be implemented. They cost fuck all to make and they're far too dangerous. That's the bottom line as it is right now.
jorb wrote:I bow before your infinite wisdom, Nek. The words and thoughts of mere men are like leaves in the wind before a true philosopher such as yourself. Verily, my retardery is apparent to me now.

banok wrote:GG nek, your thread was successful at baiting people on to us
Nek

Postby DDDsDD999 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:13 am

Nidbanes are pretty stupid. Someone leave a murder scent? LOL send a nidbane every day until they die, and that's given that the player doesn't want to play the game and waits the nidbane out as long as they can. The sooner they kill the nidbane the sooner you can send the next one. You also get a free battery scent for the first few days because murder nidbanes aren't easy enough. Also if they kill two alts they can just kiss their character goodbye if anyone with metal and wax wants a skull.

Killing fresh-spawn alts is spooky as fuck, and murder alts are super useful in fights thanks to nidbanes.
DDDsDD999

Postby spawningmink » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:59 am

@Jorb the only people who think nidbanes arnt broken are people who dont have to fight them, if there was ever a suggestion to take action on this would be it! why have pvp in the game where pvping is punished so severely that even people who ONLY play this game for the combat aspect dont want to leave scents?? like we are begging you to do something about them....if you make a char and summon 5 murder nidbanes and kill them all ill stop complaining
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby beardhat » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:12 am

I think they serve a purpose, but really, they should be tied to the users stats, maybe their will, psy, and cha, rather then the defender's stats.

They're great at keeping people from doing crimes willy nilly except on throwaway alts, but thats another problem.

I'd be better if we had alternatives, like another sort of sacrafice that buffs you vs criminals.
beardhat

Postby loftar » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:17 am

Ozzy123 wrote:Im being 100% serious like never before on this forum, it is simply IMPOSSIBLE to not die to 5murder nidbanes. IMPOSSIBLE. If you prove me wrong ill pay subtokens

It should of course be noted, though, that since there can only be one nidbane per crime at one time, you'll have to have committed five separate murders during the corresponding timespan for that to happen, at which point one could begin to argue that you're getting your just deserts.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby spawningmink » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:22 am

loftar wrote:
Ozzy123 wrote:Im being 100% serious like never before on this forum, it is simply IMPOSSIBLE to not die to 5murder nidbanes. IMPOSSIBLE. If you prove me wrong ill pay subtokens

It should of course be noted, though, that since there can only be one nidbane per crime at one time, you'll have to have committed five separate murders during the corresponding timespan for that to happen, at which point one could begin to argue that you're getting your just deserts.

no you arnt, lol this game has a system where leaving scents is part of the game, 2 factions fight leaving tons of scents, some nab comes along picks up the scents and summons nidbanes on everyone? if you really think the current system is ok and does not need to be fixed you are very very wrong.... ill state it again, look at the feedback from people who are fighting nidbanes rather then from people who are farming in walls all day sending them
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby Nek » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:30 am

spawningmink wrote:
loftar wrote:

no you arnt, lol this game has a system where leaving scents is part of the game, 2 factions fight leaving tons of scents, some nab comes along picks up the scents and summons nidbanes on everyone? if you really think the current system is ok and does not need to be fixed you are very very wrong.... ill state it again, look at the feedback from people who are fighting nidbanes rather then from people who are farming in walls all day sending them

Or even worse, your faction wins a fight and slaughters the enemy, but then they just come along on their other characters, pick up the murder scents and kill you anyway thanks to fucking Nidbanes. Good chance you'll be wounded after a major fight too so you're even more likely to die to them.
They need to be revised swift as fuck, I cannot stand these piece of shit ghosts at all.
jorb wrote:I bow before your infinite wisdom, Nek. The words and thoughts of mere men are like leaves in the wind before a true philosopher such as yourself. Verily, my retardery is apparent to me now.

banok wrote:GG nek, your thread was successful at baiting people on to us
Nek

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas