Leanto needs free space check

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Leanto needs free space check

Postby Granger » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:54 pm

leanto_abuse.png
leanto_abuse.png (317.75 KiB) Viewed 3658 times

This should be made impossible.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
User avatar
Granger
 
Posts: 9253
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:00 pm

Re: Leanto needs free space check

Postby vatas » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:58 pm

Leanto should have been made so that it can't be built X tiles distance of another leanto ages ago. If this can't be implemented for some reason, make it so that leantos can't be built on claimed land as vandalism action, only with permissions.
“Sell a man a fish, he eats for a day, teach a man how to fish, you ruin a wonderful business opportunity.”
-Karl Marx

"Ladygoo murders people in real life and eats their heart to gain their power, but she's all right in my book"
-Sabinati
User avatar
vatas
 
Posts: 2228
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:34 am
Location: Suomi Finland Perkele

Re: Leanto needs free space check

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:59 pm

vatas wrote:Leanto should have been made so that it can't be built X tiles distance of another leanto ages ago. If this can't be implemented for some reason, make it so that leantos can't be built on claimed land as vandalism action, only with permissions.

If the first can't be done, then they should also make it so they can't be made within a tile of a hearthfire so as to prevent completely removing a character from the game early on by blocking his hearth fire with 4 leantos.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
User avatar
NOOBY93
 
Posts: 6528
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:12 pm

Re: Leanto needs free space check

Postby Moonpoppy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:00 pm

I mean it doesn't really stop with wrecking balls... you can pretty much leanto against anything important, for example pclaims, hearthfires etc
Moonpoppy
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:37 pm

Re: Leanto needs free space check

Postby jorb » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:11 pm

Aware. Will look at it.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
User avatar
jorb
 
Posts: 17473
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:07 am
Location: Here, there and everywhere.

Re: Leanto needs free space check

Postby CSPAN » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:18 pm

Was literally about to make this thread after seeing that in The Moot. It's hella cheap. I have no respect for these type of folk.
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
User avatar
CSPAN
 
Posts: 862
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:10 am

Re: Leanto needs free space check

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:20 pm

CSPAN wrote:I have no respect for these type of folk.

Don't hate the player, hate the game
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
User avatar
NOOBY93
 
Posts: 6528
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:12 pm

Re: Leanto needs free space check

Postby Hrenli » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:35 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:Don't hate the player, hate the game


Hating and having no respect is not the same. The guys in question use really cheap trick. They know it's cheap, they know it couldn't be properly countered but still go for it. So, do they deserve any credit for that? I don't think so.

I feel about the same about GodKiller. The idea of a renegade questgiver killer is not bad if done properly. With a cult around it and an actual effort. But he just creates naked alts and chops down trees. I don't hate the game for it, I don't even hate the player, but he sort of ruined nice idea by his lazy approach to it.
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli
 
Posts: 1160
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:39 pm

Re: Leanto needs free space check

Postby NOOBY93 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:40 pm

Hrenli wrote:
NOOBY93 wrote:Don't hate the player, hate the game


Hating and having no respect is not the same. The guys in question use really cheap trick. They know it's cheap, they know it couldn't be properly countered but still go for it. So, do they deserve any credit for that? I don't think so.

I feel about the same about GodKiller. The idea of a renegade questgiver killer is not bad if done properly. With a cult around it and an actual effort. But he just creates naked alts and chops down trees. I don't hate the game for it, I don't even hate the player, but he sort of ruined nice idea by his lazy approach to it.

If you add a rule to chess that says "...but if you say the word 'train' 4 times, under the condition that your first move was d4, you instantly win the game" in tournaments everyone would use this rule, nobody would be dumb enough not to use it.
Jalpha wrote:I believe in my interpretation of things.
User avatar
NOOBY93
 
Posts: 6528
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:12 pm

Re: Leanto needs free space check

Postby Hrenli » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:49 pm

NOOBY93 wrote:If you add a rule to chess that says "...but if you say the word 'train' 4 times, under the condition that your first move was d4, you instantly win the game" in tournaments everyone would use this rule, nobody would be dumb enough not to use it.


Funny, as I actually play chess a bit. If such rule would be added, I'm sure I'll stop playing by that rule and find people who play by the old rules. And I am sure I'll find such people. Even though I agree that there will be players who will "compete" by the new rules. I wouldn't even hate them, though respect... Nah. :)

And I don't think such tournaments would get much sponsors either.
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli
 
Posts: 1160
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:39 pm

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests